Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan1411

Epiduo and Redness.

I've been using Epiduo for a month or two now. I'm up to using it every other day, sometimes more often sometimes less. It reallllly helps, my face looks all purdy and I haven't had a single pimple since. But my face is pretty red all of the time. I recently took a week off using the Epiduo and noticed that my face was significantly less red. Which sucks because I love this stuff but I don't really like the redness. Is there any way to combat this while still using? And, is it bad that my face is getting red, like should I stop using?

I've been using Epiduo for a month or two now. I'm up to using it every other day, sometimes more often sometimes less. It reallllly helps, my face looks all purdy and I haven't had a single pimple since. But my face is pretty red all of the time. I recently took a week off using the Epiduo and noticed that my face was significantly less red. Which sucks because I love this stuff but I don't really like the redness. Is there any way to combat this while still using? And, is it bad that my face is getting red, like should I stop using?

Redness is a common side effect... you might just try using it no more than every other day, maybe even every three days...

Also, are you using a moisturizer? That might help a lot...

i've had the same problem with epiduo and i have pretty tough skin.. at one point in time 3 months ago i was using Ziana gel, a .5% retinol cream, glycolic acid, and an AHA with BP spot treatments all at the same time. i know what you're thinking, but it worked for me and i never had any problems.

now, since i started epiduo 3 weeks ago my face has gone CRAZY. crazy redness and peeling on one side of my face. my face was actually scaly, like reptile skin. ugh so gross. so i stopped using it and put layers of aloe vera all over my face along with polysporin on the reaaally bad areas where the skin had broken into dime size scabs. it really helped in about 4 days and now everything is back to normal. but those 4 days were really bad haha.

good luck with the epiduo. after that, i'm personally not a huge fan and probably will go back to ziana gel.

ComfyCat:

Yeah the last couple weeks I've only been using it 2-3x week. I noticed I had a couple pimples though. I don't know if this is just coincidence or what. :confused:

I'm also gonna get some Emu Oil and try it out. I've been kinda broke lately though.

samwichxo:

And I might check out the Ziana gel. Although the potency is half as strong.