Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
claudedebussy

My face finally cleared up

I started with acne at 13. It never really bothered me up until i was about 16 and it started getting bad, for the past two years I've been trying everything to clear up my face.

I was suffering from extremely inflamed lumps at first which later developed into mild cyst like acne. At any one time there could be like 2 to 3 on my face and covered approximately a large finger tip size mark on my face. The inflammation was terrible, i have naturally olive skin and the redness was still overwhelmingly obvious and it was very hard to cover up. Along with this i had the usual whiteheads dotted around especially on my forehead (luckily i had a fringe so this covered up most of the spots there!)

Anyway the doctor gave me a benzoyl peroxide hand wash solution for use neat on my face. This had no effect at all and i eventually gave up. He prescribed me with benzoyl peroxide gel to apply to my face which also had no effect at any concentrations. He then prescribed me with oxytetracycline tablets which had little effect at first then eventually stopped working altogether.

So then i started using natural products from boots it contained witch hazel and tea tree oil. I used a foaming face wash then applied the night treatment gel at night and during the day. This worked well but didn't stop the large lumpy inflamed acne. I also started taking oxytetracycline tablets again which again had little effect.

So about 2 weeks ago i just gave up on my face, i stopped washing so often, i washed twice a day once with any soap or hand wash gel or once without any cleanser at all just rinsed my face with water. I stopped caring about the acne or my regime of treating my face. I would go out on a night get pissed come home and just fall asleep with a face covered in booze and sweat and wake up fine.

And fortunately now i haven't had hardly any spots since! my face is already clearing up, it feels natural and not over-cleansed with various chemicals. I am still taking the tablets but i'm going to give them up because i'm certain they do nothing anyway, after all, most antibiotics are only good for like 5 months before the bacteria becomes immune to them.

It's so nice to not worry about my skin, I'm almost convinced that the manufacturers of absolutely every spot treatment product knows there treatment is a load of bullshit they just sell it to make an absolute fortune because they know how much people become obsessed by their face.

So my advice to everybody would be just give up, fuck the regimes fuck caring about it so much and just wash like a normal person and you should be fine.

Thanks for reading

Dan

Well this technique which Dan went over in one of his videos basically means the following:

You're acne which got bad was because it's not genetic for you. The products you were doing was irritating your skin so when you stopped your face settled and went back to normal. Unfortantly I've tried this and just like my brother and aunt's my acne gets worse and heals slower...

Why are you sure the tablets aren't doing anything for you?

On a course of tetracylines, you should expect to start to see results after about 3 months, and significant progress/clearing by about 5-6.

You don't become resistant to antibiotics in 5 months, it's more generally about 1-2 years.

From what you've described, its sounds to me as if the antibiotics are doing their job. Stop taking them and you risk your acne coming back even worse.

If this isn't the case, then you may very well have grown out of acne.

I don't think that ditching the regimen is a good idea at all - for many of us, it's extremely benefical. The fact that you experienced clearing after stopping it is more likely co-incidental.

Edited by skummer

Well i'll stop taking the tablets and let you know what happens, how long should i stop taking them for to get an idea on their effect? It's just strange how they didn't work before when i was on them for like a year and when i came off them nothing much changed.

I completely agree with you when you say that the doctors/pharmaceutical companies know ways to better combat acne but they instead sell stuff that irritates the skin.

I've started using Baking Soda and ACV and it helped alot.

I completely agree with you when you say that the doctors/pharmaceutical companies know ways to better combat acne but they instead sell stuff that irritates the skin.

I've started using Baking Soda and ACV and it helped alot.

Do you mix the acv and baking soda together like a paste?