Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessica Lovejoy

Has Dan thought about going on Dragons Den?!

I have been on the Regimen for a year now, having suffered from acne since my teens. I'm now 25.

Like many others, I've found it DOES WORK and I am so grateful to Dan and everyone else involved in its production and this website.

However, I don't think word of it is widespread enough. I stumbled across this site while desperately trying to find a cure. I believe so, so many people could benefit from this but a lack of suitable products in the UK (I was prescribed Panoxyl last year - it's horrible and made me look sunburnt) is a problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Seeing Dan on Dragon's Den would be so good! They would have absolutely no reason to give him a hard time. And given the success its seen across the world in such a small proportion compared to what it could be, they would be stupid to turn him down.

If he needed a UK representative for the show id do it ;)

I hope that at some point in the future there is enough UK demand for something to happen over here with Dan's products. If I knew where to start I would be delighted to help in some way. Maybe when im done with my degree I will start an Acne.Org UK Supplies store for us Brits and other Europeans :dance:

My idea - I'll be the rep! :P

But seriously, I think he could tap into a huge market over here. Our UK spot remedies are rubbish. God knows I've tried them all.

The Regimen attacks acne and spots in an entirely different way. It's prevention rather than cure, per se. This could be massive, but more people need to know about it.

Seeing Dan on Dragon's Den would be so good! They would have absolutely no reason to give him a hard time. And given the success its seen across the world in such a small proportion compared to what it could be, they would be stupid to turn him down.

If he needed a UK representative for the show id do it ;)

I hope that at some point in the future there is enough UK demand for something to happen over here with Dan's products. If I knew where to start I would be delighted to help in some way. Maybe when im done with my degree I will start an Acne.Org UK Supplies store for us Brits and other Europeans :dance:

This is a great idea! Dan should really think about expanding his store to us in europe.

Where I live BP costs about 13€/40ml, this is 20$ for 1 oz. CRAZY, more than 100$/month!

(Thats why I tried to order Dan's BP and I'm really hoping there isn't any custums-restriction)

If you make such a shop, I would be your first costumer! :dance:

But seriously, I think he could tap into a huge market over here. Our UK spot remedies are rubbish. God knows I've tried them all.

The Regimen attacks acne and spots in an entirely different way. It's prevention rather than cure, per se. This could be massive, but more people need to know about it.

Haha ok I will back you up. Then we can step to the back of the room and discuss when James and Theo make us an offer :P I think I could only work with them two.

You are right though. People look at these treatments as cures to acne too often. There is no cure for acne. But you can try your damn hardest to control it. There needs to be more awareness though as you say.

Thanks :) Certainly something within the UK would make it more accessible for those around Europe too. It could even, temporarily, be set-up through something like eBay. I did wonder a few weeks ago if maybe a large batch of Dan's product could be purchased then sold on, obviously with his permission and with no profits made by the seller. I thought that maybe the import charges could be split evenly to make it cheaper for us in Europe. But it doesnt work out that much different as the charges are not one solid rate but something based on a sliding scale.

Dragons Den is a pure Canadian show as all of the millionaries/billionaries are Canadian. As much exposure as that would get him, not alot of teenagers do watch this show besides myself :cool: .

I think he personally should have a widespread commercial in Canada, US and Europe nothing big just showing off his products and the true results.

The UK version of DD is very popular with young people, particularly those studying business, management or entrepreneurial courses and degrees. But the idea would be to get some expertise on board to get the word out more. They have done websites before now, one of which I use quite regularly since seeing it on the show. Plus commercials are so damn expensive! The company which my parents work for has just has an advert accepted for daytime TV on one of our popular channels (ITV1 for those in the UK) and its cost almost half a million pound for just 14 weeks. And thats not even prime time showing.

Now you know how these gameshows can afford such large payouts all the time ;)

Haha ok I will back you up. Then we can step to the back of the room and discuss when James and Theo make us an offer :P I think I could only work with them two.

You are right though. People look at these treatments as cures to acne too often. There is no cure for acne. But you can try your damn hardest to control it. There needs to be more awareness though as you say.

Thanks :) Certainly something within the UK would make it more accessible for those around Europe too. It could even, temporarily, be set-up through something like eBay. I did wonder a few weeks ago if maybe a large batch of Dan's product could be purchased then sold on, obviously with his permission and with no profits made by the seller. I thought that maybe the import charges could be split evenly to make it cheaper for us in Europe. But it doesnt work out that much different as the charges are not one solid rate but something based on a sliding scale.

you are soooo are on the right line. dan NEEDS to come to the uk, if not physically, then people with the products. this stuff is everything i could wish for in sorting my acne.

i know DD is entrepreneurial but i'm thinking of your average acne sufferer rather than money-making. we deserve to not have acne and dan has a solution. this should be available to everyone rather than the lucky few who come across this website and decide to give the regimen a go.