Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hii, acne.org ppl!

I just wanted to get some positive feedback on the accutane experiences. Monday i will follow up with my doctor get the 2nd blood test and hopefully receive my prescription for accutane. Ive done my research and all and ive seen more positive outcomes than the negative. Im 19 and have been dealing with acne since about 15, i finally got my own insurance and decided to take some action.

Im really ready to begin my life during and after accutane...well get the self confidence that i used to have. I try and talk to my friends about it, and of course they all have beautiful skin so they dont understand how i feel when i try to explain it hurts, itches, embarrassing, and all of the above. they say ohh nicole quit stressing over the small stuff..HELLO dont you see whats on my face.lol is what i tell them and just brush it off my shoulders im lucky to have such a wonderful support group but i need to relate to the ones that knows where im comming from and how painful emotionally and physically acne can be. thank you guys for the positive and negatives of accutane. :rolleyes:

ps how difficult is the ipledge system? he already sent the papers and stuff but ive waited til the last minute....>oops

Hey there, ready4it. Best of luck to you on your course and welcome to acne.org. :) I'm going to move this to the Accutane section so you'll get more feedback. Take care!

Hi there,

Accutane contain lots of irritating side effects. It leaves your skin dry, chapped lips, minor nose bleeds, and dry eyes. But i learnt from my patients..at the end of the day..you go back home with beautiful clear perfect skin. So i think these pretty annoying stuffs and side effects can be compromised at the cost of accutane. :D

You will read a lot of both positives and negatives of accutane here. For me the negatives was the dry skin and chapped lips. But you can keep control of this with a strict but simple regimen i.e. plenty of moisturiser and a gentle cleanser. But the positives largely outweight the negatives- it cleared me up nicely! Ive had mild-moderate acne since but as it was severe before id say that its an improvement.

Just look after yourself! Eat and drink properly, get plenty of sleep and rest and keep an eye on any physical and mental changes that you might see. Many people are very lucky and see minimal side effects. A handful of people see more serious ones. But keep track of any changes and they can be dealt with :)

Good luck!

ps how difficult is the ipledge system? he already sent the papers and stuff but ive waited til the last minute....>oops

Sometimes the first iPledge experience can be unnerving. Everything has to be in sync which can be a pain in the butt, but after you deal with it for the first time the consecutive interactions should go much much smoother. The most difficult aspect is timing your blood and pregnancy test (if you are female) with the derm visit to get the next prescription within the 7 day window to see the pharmacist. If you're getting blood/pregnancy tests outside of your derm's office, try to get them done a day or two in advance of the derm visit in order to give yourself enough time to get to the pharmacy. Fax machines and e-mail make test results immediate these days. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes pharmacies run out of product and must submit an order.

Sorry for rambling. It's really not as difficult as it seems, but to lessen any hassle it's safer to leave yourself some breathing room when it comes to the iPledge window.