Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
longingforhope

predictions for a cure

Hi Everyone -

I was just curious what everyone on here thinks in terms of predicting true PERFECT skin for those with scars. Not scar reduction, but scar REMOVAL. After having dealt with scarring for years and years, I have personally given up on the current procedures available. I am not looking for improvement - I want them gone. Totally, and completely gone. When I look at my skin in the mirror I want to see what I was born with. No outlines of scar edges, or minimal scar tissue. Just SKIN. Maybe this is totally unrealistic and once we ruin our skin, we'll never get it back. But I just don't think I'll ever be totally confident with myself while my skin still has scars.

I know numerous people have flaws, yadda yadda yadda, so please don't write about how we need to focus on other things in our lives. I work, have a great family, boyfriend, etc. and I enjoy life to the fullest I can - and understand that even with scarring I have many blessings. Yet, everyday I wake up and I feel sort of trapped in an outer shell that doesn't match the person I feel I am inside. I know many of you on here feel like that too. We all deserve the skin we were born with. I really hope that this can one day happen for all of us.

I am just looking for hope and were curious on your thoughts. I know there is talk on this board about stem cells...but truthfully, we don't know to the extent that they can help. For example, stem cells that have been injected into damaged hearts, have been known to remove scar tissue. But how much and whether or not it makes a heart perfect is hard to say. Skin is so hard because it's so visible and it's seamless. Sometimes I wonder if there will ever be a cure.

Just thought I'd get a discussion started about hope...Thanks guys!

I can't exactly answer say skin or heart questions, because I don't know much about it, but I can answer this.

If stem cells were used for Parkinson's disease, Parkinson's would be cured.

How?

No dopamine inside the brain stops with fluid movement inside the body to act out daily functions.

Once the stem cells recreate the dopamine, the person will be back to normal. Unless they damaged their dopamine in another set of circumstances again.

Impossible is nothing. I mean, Bill Gates is the richest person in the world and brought a computer to every business and home, even in poverty stricken countries. If Bill Gates can do that, don't you think a person, maybe me, maybe you, maybe someone else, can cure scarring?

Honestly, I don't care about perfection. If I can get 80% or more improvement, I will be VERY happy. Or yet, if I can remove all of the scars that I have had within the last 1 year, I would also be VERY happy. I accepted my scarring up until a year ago when I started having crazy break outs leaving me many more scars.

As far as a cure, it is entirely possible. Scientists can clone animals, use satellites that can detect planets light years away, and create nuclear bombs that can wipe every living thing on the face of the earth. All of those are much more complicated than removing scar tissue IMO. I believe it's just a matter of money and research. There is not enough money and time put into research for scar removal. If the existence of humans depended on finding a cure for scars(just an example), there would be a cure right now. A cure will be here one day. Unfortunately, it's a matter of time.

Edited by AcnePwns

Not to burst your bubble or anything. Those nuclear bombs etc are follow physics rules. They are pretty much set in stone, ie E=mc2, F=MA etc. Human healing on the other hand, isn't set in stone. Therein lies the problem. A solution has to be tailored for each individual, not saying it cannot be done.

I myself hope, nay pray fervently that a cure will arrive one day and finally allow me to become the real me. However, I won't put too much stock into it. The day when all diseases and flaws are conquered is the day when man aspires to immortality. It may happen, but its gonna take a damn long time.

The whole country lost 8 years of important research because of the Village Idiot George Bush. The Cosmetic Indusrty will probably drive future advancements, that is where the money is. An old lady looking to stay young will be your benefactor.

The whole country lost 8 years of important research because of the Village Idiot George Bush. The Cosmetic Indusrty will probably drive future advancements, that is where the money is. An old lady looking to stay young will be your benefactor.

My point exactly

Cosign