Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Blue_Eyed_Girl

Waxing Question

Guest Blue_Eyed_Girl

Hey all,

Just finished my second course of acne last Thursday!!! I'm all clear (again) and hoping I never have to take it again... *prays*

My question is: how long should I wait until I can get my brows waxed?? The suckers are dying to get waxed... LOL

Thanks in advance,

Robyn

I would honestly wait a good month to be safe. I stupidly decided to get mine waxed 4 1/2 months into my 80mg/day course and they ripped off skin and irritated it horribly. SOOO NOT WORTH IT!! Just wait a few weeks at least I would say

Guest Blue_Eyed_Girl
I would honestly wait a good month to be safe. I stupidly decided to get mine waxed 4 1/2 months into my 80mg/day course and they ripped off skin and irritated it horribly. SOOO NOT WORTH IT!! Just wait a few weeks at least I would say

cool, thanks for that!!!

i asked the same question on another board and someone replied and said i should wait 6 months! :(

Yeah... you really should wait. Not sure if you need to wait a full 6 months, but maybe you could get some Biore pore strips and do tests on your arms or legs? That skin is less sensitive than your face, so if it hurts there, you best not do it to your face!

I did a Biore pore strip on my nose while on Accutane. It was within the first two months, and all of my blackheads were literally COMING OUT of my face. So I put it on.... it felt fine... thought my doctor was overreacting. Then I pulled it off, and my skin came off with it! Extremely painful. That was almost 10 years ago, and I have a scarred area on my nose where one side is a slightly different color than the other. It's not a big deal b/c it's so small, but I learned the hard way.

You should get your eyebrows threaded anyway. Much better than waxing! A little more $$ but totally worth it.

cool, thanks for that!!!

i asked the same question on another board and someone replied and said i should wait 6 months! :(

Wait for a month or so. Prevention is better than cure :)