Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Currently i am eating walnuts as my source for omega 3 throughout the day and other seeds nuts as omega 6 like sunflower seeds or pecans, peanuts but not as much. I was wondering how many walnuts i should consume in a day for my daily intake of omega 3 compared to how much i should consume in nuts/seeds for omega 6.

I heard you can never have enough omega 3 since it is way better than omega 6, but would like to know how many i should eat for a balance. Walnuts are so good i just can't stop eating them plus its pretty much my only healthy snack i will have and it helps with calories, but do not want to over eat on them either.

found this @ articlesbase.com:

Walnuts

Richer in heart-healthy omega-3s than salmon, loaded with more anti-inflammatory polyphenois than red wine and packing half as much muscle building protein as chicken, the walnut sounds like a Frankenfood, but it grows on trees. Other nuts combine only one of these features, not all three. A serving of walnuts – about 30g, or seven nuts – is good any time, but especially as a post workout recovery snack.

Sprinkle on top of salads; dice and add to pancake batter; spoon peanut butter into curries; grind and mix with olive oil to make a marinade for grilled fish or chicken.

Mix one cup walnuts with half a cup blueberries and a quarter cup dark chocolate chunks.

Currently i am eating walnuts as my source for omega 3 throughout the day and other seeds nuts as omega 6 like sunflower seeds or pecans, peanuts but not as much. I was wondering how many walnuts i should consume in a day for my daily intake of omega 3 compared to how much i should consume in nuts/seeds for omega 6.

I heard you can never have enough omega 3 since it is way better than omega 6, but would like to know how many i should eat for a balance. Walnuts are so good i just can't stop eating them plus its pretty much my only healthy snack i will have and it helps with calories, but do not want to over eat on them either.

Walnuts are very high in omega-6 (about a 4:1 ratio over omega 3s) which makes them inflammatory to the body. So even though you are getting more omega 3's, your also increasing your omega 6's. You want to look for foods that are higher in omega 3's so that they can help balance out your fat ratio. I eats lots of fish oil, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, etc. to help level out my omega 3/ omega 6 ratio.

If you want to eat nuts, you will need to make sure you get raw nuts and seeds that can be sprouted. Sprouted nuts and seeds have less phytates that block mineral absorbion.

Walnuts are very high in omega-6 (about a 4:1 ratio over omega 3s) which makes them inflammatory to the body. So even though you are getting more omega 3's, your also increasing your omega 6's. You want to look for foods that are higher in omega 3's so that they can help balance out your fat ratio. I eats lots of fish oil, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, etc. to help level out my omega 3/ omega 6 ratio.

If you want to eat nuts, you will need to make sure you get raw nuts and seeds that can be sprouted. Sprouted nuts and seeds have less phytates that block mineral absorbion.

Where have you found that out at? All the sources i have read on the net have also been noted that Walnuts are a high sourch of omega 3 and show no link to omega 6. Now i am confused :S

Also what fish oil do you recommend getting, because i was going to start taking it and do not know what kind or how much dosage. Thanks!

Edited by JayQ

Where have you found that out at? All the sources i have read on the net have also been noted that Walnuts are a high sourch of omega 3 and show no link to omega 6. Now i am confused :S

Also what fish oil do you recommend getting, because i was going to start taking it and do not know what kind or how much dosage. Thanks!

I have learned about walnuts on nutritiondata (a website) that shows nutritional data about many foods. Walnuts do have a lot of omega 3s, but it is very convenient that people leave out the omega 6 part.

I am currently taking carlson's fish oil capsules. They are supposedly of better quality and contain vitamin E for proper absorption.

Currently i am eating walnuts as my source for omega 3 throughout the day

That's just terrible.

That's just terrible.

k, well tell to add why and what you take? thanks

That's just terrible.

k, well tell to add why and what you take? thanks

Nvm saw your other post in other thread;)

I also have a question about nuts!

Is there a big difference in the nutrition of roasted versus raw nuts. I am thinking specifically of nuts (true or not) such as walnuts, cashews, almonds, peanuts,pecans?? The same queston goes for sunflower and pumpkins seeds.

any ideas?

Almonds soaked for at least 12 hours (up to 24 hours at most)... Peel the skin off afterwards

If you dont soak them your body retains none of the nutrients. Good chance it will be problematic, very hard for your body to break down. Soaking them allows your enzymes to break them down, always peel the skin as your body cannot digest it.

Hemp seed. Great soure of protein, however a little on the expensive side

justalmonds.com

^Buy in bulk. Cheap prices.

Hemp seed is a little more expensive but probably the best protein source available. Perfect Omega 3/6 ratio as well

How's cashew raw? It taste so good!

I'm considering adding nuts into my diets! Such as-

Almond raw butter, cashew raw, and maybe walnut raw!