Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, it's my 23rd Birthday on Friday (wooo!) and I was looking forward to having a night out with my friends tomorrow night and a meal with my family on Friday but I just look awful!!! My skin has broken out so much recently that I just look horrible :( I dont even want to leave the house let alone get all dressed up and celebrate. I dont see how I can feel nice going out when I know that my face looks terrible. I'm pretty much set on cancelling my plans now :( Grrrr it makes me sooo angry that my skin is ruling my life!!! Sigh x

Edited by xkatiex

Hi Katie

I know exactlly how you feel. When I had acne I hid myself away a lot and missed out on a lot of good times with my friends. I couldnt face the world and just let go enough to be happy and enjoy myself. I would think that people wouldnt want to spend time with me because I looked so bad. I would say that my skin ruled me life too- it dictated my emotions, moods and my social life.

But why did my friends want to go out with me? Because im good company and, often at my own expense, im a good laugh. They dont care what I look like, nobody does. Its very hard to realise at the time but I really see it now.

Something that an ex taught me was that it doesnt matter how you look as long as you dress well and look like you have made an effort then nothing else matters. Up until recently I didnt really think about how I dressed much. Im not saying I was scruffy or untidy. I just didnt really pay it much attention- typical guy. But since I have started to take more care over my appearance my confidence has shot up and I find that I get a lot more attention. And I notice other people when they dress nicely too. If you was to dress up for your birthday and look like a million dollars then nothing else matters. Its your birthday- you have to show everyone else up and make their jaws drop! :)

I regret wasting a lot of time ive spent at Uni hiding away. Thankfully im still young (as are you) and I have plenty of opportunities left to make the most of. But its your birthday- you should and can enjoy it as much as you want!

Happy Birthday for Friday :) I am 21 in less than a month so im getting excited about mine- you are never too old to get excited about your birthday lol.

Honestly your true friends and family that really love you don't give a fuck about how you look, they only see how beautiful you really are. They will be bummed more you if ya cancel on them....and even worse, ill be be pissed off as all hell if you bugger out on your BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Honestly your true friends and family that really love you don't give a fuck about how you look, they only see how beautiful you really are. They will be bummed more you if ya cancel on them....and even worse, ill be be pissed off as all hell if you bugger out on your BIRTHDAY!!!!!

just do it have fun.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the replies, feel a bit better today and I haven't cancelled my plans, was very close to though and I still dont really feel like going out but I know I'll probably just regret it if I dont. I just hate getting dressed up and making yourself look nice when you know the end product isn't gonna be quite as good as you want it to be. Oh well, at least it will be dark!!! lol x

=[ I am the same way i blow off plans left and right and try to make plans when i didnt recently break out =[ life sucks. The worst part is when i have a breakout i feel like shit and dont talk to anyone. But that 1 day a month where my face isnt to bad im on top of the world! So i hope you have a good night out