Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cubsin2100

Switching form Differin .3 to Retin-A .05 cream

Hi everyone, some questions:

1) I've been on a duac/doxy/Differin .3 combination for over a year now, and I've had pretty good success. It's come my acne relatively stable, but it's still an issue. I've thought about wanting to try to switch to Retin-A, which I'd been on in the past. I can't remember how it affected my acne, but I do recall it did a good job with some of my scarring, which is an issue for me (even if I dont have acne, all I see are the nasty scars).

2) How do you think Differin .3 compares to Retin-A .05 cream? My face can handle anything, but I didnt realize there was a stronger cream (.1), or I'd have asked for it. Should I try to go in again and bump it up? I dont want to sacrifice the control of my acne Differin had been doing if it's for a low strength Retin-A.

3) I was prescribed the cream, but I forgot there was a gel. I've heard the gel is more effective, why would I be prescribed the cream? Again... its nice that Retin-A will help with scarring, but it's silly if I am on too low of a strength/the cream and have new active stuff come up, ya know? I have oily skin, fi that means anthing.

4) Is the belief that Retin-A does better for scarring than Differin true? Differin hasnt helped my scarring, but I think I remember Retin-A being helpful?

Thanks folks!