Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t100019

Vitamin C and Acne

So I know vitamin C is supposed to be good for you and all, but every time I a vitamin C pill I swear I break out because of it. Does anyone else experience breakouts after consuming vitamin C pills?

No, and I break out from citrus. But some have claimed a reaction. Perhaps to something in the specific tablet or capsule you are taking.

How many milligrams are you taking at a time?

Maybe you should try a citrus-free Vit. C supplement. I am kind of paranoid about breaking out from the supplements I take, and I found the Quercetin + C supplement that Twinlab makes to be a safe bet as far as acne goes.

So I know vitamin C is supposed to be good for you and all, but every time I a vitamin C pill I swear I break out because of it. Does anyone else experience breakouts after consuming vitamin C pills?

Why not try taking pure vitamin C powder?

Those vitamin C tablets and capsules are chock full of binders, fillers, and additives. Many times, they'll contain a lot more of this unnecessary crap than the vitamin itself. Maybe the fillers are breaking you out.

Hmm, there seems to be a correlation between orange juice and vit C with breakouts.

Bear in mind most vit C supplements are not real vit C. The 'ascorbic acid', which comes from genetically modified corn (modified to produce more vit C - how disgusting and unnatural), is marketed under the name Vitamin C in most supplements, and the chewable ones are flavoured with orange flavour and coloured with orange... And they are also cheap - of course, since they are genetically modified, mass produced, come from factories and labs...

Real vitamin C is harder to find it supplements, but they are out there are should be found at health food stores. These contain 100% real vitamin C in its proper full form... They usually come from berries high in vit C. Real, natural vit C would probably be more effective for skin support, and small amounts like 8mg of natural vit C are the equivalent of something like 100mg of ascorbic acid buffered junk.

No, and I break out from citrus. But some have claimed a reaction. Perhaps to something in the specific tablet or capsule you are taking.

How many milligrams are you taking at a time?

I usually take 500mg at a time, which is the standard pill size at most stores. I'm sure I can get it in lower doses though if I went to GNC or something. I'm thinking I need to get my vitamin c from food sources because I swear I break out whenever I take the pills. My acne is pretty light nowadays, but I remember when it was severe I would take lots of vitamin c thinking that it would help my face. I'm starting to think the vitamin c was making my acne worse though because I stopped taking it for a long time and during that break my acne got much much better. I'm not going to take the pills anymore because I don't want my acne to get bad like it used to be.