Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasmonia25

New to this whole acne thing

so to make a long story short, 3 months ago i used to fully mintage and spotless with the

occasionlly pimple here and there. all of a sudden, i started breaking out, im only 17 and didnt know

jack bout how the whole acne thing worked. started using commercial type cleansers and stuff and didnt really do the job. Decided to see the doctor yesterday and he said i suffered from acne, on a scale of 1-10, he said it was a 3 (would that be considered mild?) and also something to do with hormornal changes and my body isnt ready for therefore the breakouts in my face. He prescribed me duac once daily and i've combined with a dermalogica special gel cleanser and multi toner. i've read that i shouldent be using that cleanser for acne-prone skin, any suggestions to what i should use? and also sorry if ive posted in the wrong sub-forum

any comments would be greatly appreciated

Yooo, I have the SAME problem as you Jas (mind if I call you Jas? :P )

I'm also new and started getting acne when I turned 17.

I still haven't fixed the whole thing, but I just started using Dan's Regimen today, soooo I could keep you updated ;)

I've used sooo many things, from Chemicals to Natural products like Lemon Juice, Milk even Jojoba oil with not success. They might work for you, but didn't for me ;)

so to make a long story short, 3 months ago i used to fully mintage and spotless with the

occasionlly pimple here and there. all of a sudden, i started breaking out, im only 17 and didnt know

jack bout how the whole acne thing worked. started using commercial type cleansers and stuff and didnt really do the job. Decided to see the doctor yesterday and he said i suffered from acne, on a scale of 1-10, he said it was a 3 (would that be considered mild?) and also something to do with hormornal changes and my body isnt ready for therefore the breakouts in my face. He prescribed me duac once daily and i've combined with a dermalogica special gel cleanser and multi toner. i've read that i shouldent be using that cleanser for acne-prone skin, any suggestions to what i should use? and also sorry if ive posted in the wrong sub-forum

any comments would be greatly appreciated

I wud suggest you to use the natural products first. If that doesnt cures..use acne supplements.

his may be due to some hormonal changes. Here are some DO NOT's to get rid of pimples and acne:

Avoid Oily/Junk Food

One of the best natural remedy is to use Tomato Juice / Sour Curd . Apply on TAN areas in your body. Please continue with this 3-4 times a week upto 8weeks.

Green tea face scrub is also good solution for Blackheads removal.

DONOT ever use SOAP on your Face.Use ACNE Cleansing Mask

Drink plenty of water and Flush cold water in your face to remove excess oil and dirt from your face.

Apply foundation so your open pores,pimples,blackheads will not be visible.

Let me know if this helps

ahaha ye, jas is all good in the hood bro. Thanks for your input and getting back to me guys, for a home remedy, im currently using acne with honey mask 2 times a week :S

Dont know if thats a good idea though, whereabouts would be able to pick up green tea scrub?

and also im a guy and i don't wanna ruin my manhood by wearing foundation kekeke

I would agree. I've researched the subject heavily since breaking out 2 1/2 years ago, as well as tried several different remedies. Start with the natural remedies because if they work they will save you the loads of money you'll waste on store regimens. The best natural remedy I have found is fresh squeezed lemon juice. It makes your skin sensitive to the sun so I only do it at night. Squeeze the juice into a container then soak a cotton ball in it and apply generously to your face. Allow it to dry (it will sting ALOT, but only for 15 minutes tops). Try it for a week. For mild acne I think it will work wonders for you.

stinggs like a motherbetchh, havent seen much results, its been almost one week into me using my dual once daily gel and at times i feel like its getting better, i just break out again and we go back to square one, is it actually gonna take almost 2 months to see full results?