Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

should i go for zinc or fish oil? obviously, nobody knows which'll be better for me, but what would you suggest? i have trouble making these kinds of decisions, haha

Edited by Wynne
added clarification to title so more answers might be forthcoming
should i go for zinc or fish oil? obviously, nobody knows which'll be better for me, but what would you suggest? i have trouble making these kinds of decisions, haha

Is there any good reason for why you can't do both?

well, no...but i want to try one first so i can see if it does anything for my acne...and then try the other. i know both have their benefits, but i just want to see if either affects my acne. i don't want to start both, see results (potentially), and then not know what did it.

Well, if there isn't much in the way of omega 3s in your diet from animal sources, i'd go with fish oil first. Avoid the cheap and dirty Walmart or Costco brands and buy some quality fish oil.

okay great, thanks guys! i saw some fish oil at walgreens, and the pills were effing HUMONGOUS. i don't think i can swallow those behemoth pills! i'll try, though. i've never really taken supplements before, so i don't know what brands are good and what aren't. suggestions? are puritans pride ones any good? because they have a nice sale and i also wanted to try their "zinc for acne," so i figured i'd save on shipping because i haven't seen zinc for acne anywhere in stores around here.

My mom made me take fish oil as a kid and I just started it back up again. The Fish Oil is overall really great for you. I take zinc also, and my skin has recently improved after taking it.