Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg09

5th dermaroller session report - scars responding, pores not r

Hey everyone,i just did my fifth roll last night.Same procedure,a little bit of blood followed by some saline injections.I put iodine on twice before going to bed and again when i woke up.I will be doing this all day while staying home as i hear interesting articles on iodine being regenerative.I did wait 8 weeks this time from my last roll as i seen more progress towards the later stages of 6-8 weeks.This dermarolling is so worth the time invested.The dreaded reflection off of tinted windows etc. is getting better....much better.

Hey everyone,i just did my fifth roll last night.Same procedure,a little bit of blood followed by some saline injections.I put iodine on twice before going to bed and again when i woke up.I will be doing this all day while staying home as i hear interesting articles on iodine being regenerative.I did wait 8 weeks this time from my last roll as i seen more progress towards the later stages of 6-8 weeks.This dermarolling is so worth the time invested.The dreaded reflection off of tinted windows etc. is getting better....much better.

overcome, hearing feedback from you and others here really keeps me positive about

rolling. thanks for sharing and everyone's happy about your positive results.

I know the feeling about the dreaded window reflection, honestly, right now I

won't even look at the reflection outside in a car window. I'm also seeing steady results

which is great. My feeling is in the next four months or so I'm gonna get nice results

ifI keep progressing at the same rate. THUMBS UP.

Reading about other's reactions to windows etc... is bizarre as it is like reading a leaf from your own book.

The positive thing that I take from my scars is that I am not a superficial person, I have learnt to seek true happiness in life as it kept me up when feeling down and I learnt to paint on my down days and now that I am mostly up I love painting and it is something that will stay with me for life!

Thanks guys for checking in, hopefully others will get a little hope from hearing that we are pleased with how things are going.

The deceiving factor about "reflections" with windows,especially tinted ones is that its not as bad as you think...when you look in a regular mirror,its much better.Thats not the way you look (tinted window) in real life.Anyway its day 2 of my fifth roll and 95% of the redness is gone suprisingly,i think its from the iodine i apllied all day long.The microswelling makes me look like theres not a thing wrong with my face...but this microswelling is so much better than my last ones and it has to be because of the steady improvements i been getting each time i roll.I plan on exfoliating the next couple of days which is fine.I will keep posting in here for the next 2 months or until my sixth roll around January 21st. Good luck everyone and keep rolling.

Ok its day 6 and all the peeling is done and i look much better.One thing i would like to add is that my face is really starting to take shape...what i mean is i'm starting to see a fullness in my face that i haven't seen in years!!! there is a better complexion that is coming thru and i'm feeling very confident.Before i give dermarolling all the props,i do have to give sculptra and saline njections credit too!! as bio-oil,Collagen powder and Green Vibrance has been monumental i think for the complexion lately.Its a super food that has like 10 servings of greens in it.It knocked my cold out in days as it is a Pro-biotic food source too.Good luck all.

Although I am really happy with rolling I don't think I would go the injections route myself, nothing against it and don't know that much about it but rolling, diet and general skin care is enough for me at the moment.

I have just ordered my first lot of collagen capsules, enough for 3 months so hopefully this will give my skin a bit of a kick although there do seem to be alot of people who say that consumed collagen actually does nothing for the skin. We'll see, will report back on this.

The Green Vibrance looks interesting, definitely going to look into that!

Actually, a question if you don't mind - does it matter if you take the capsule form of things such as collagen powder and Green Vibrance as opposed to the powder? Would prefer the capsules if possible as I could order a few packs together form the US and it would save me quite a bit of money.

Thank you!

Actually, a question if you don't mind - does it matter if you take the capsule form of things such as collagen powder and Green Vibrance as opposed to the powder? Would prefer the capsules if possible as I could order a few packs together form the US and it would save me quite a bit of money.

Thank you!

I don't think there is a big difference,but me personally have always taken powder form for the fact of less packaging and possible potency issues.Green Vibrance is amazing stuff for your complexion...warning tho,tastes nasty,but you get used to it.You can take it with something flavored,even lemon water totally will drown out the taste.But the way i look at it is you drink a glass in 10 seconds...done.So i'll drink anything for a better,healthier complexion.

Edited by overcome

Hi all rollers,

I did my first roll 2 weeks ago, right after rolling my skin was tightened n scars are much less noticeable

but now after 2 weeks, all indents remain exactly where they were with little or no improvment

Overcome said there's more progress towards the later stages of 6-8 weeks.

So wt's the process of collegen remodelling like?

Do scars improve right after rolling, then look worse and become smoother again?

Anyone roll more often than 6 weeks using 1.5 mm roller?

Thanks for sharing!

Hi all rollers,

I did my first roll 2 weeks ago, right after rolling my skin was tightened n scars are much less noticeable

but now after 2 weeks, all indents remain exactly where they were with little or no improvment

Overcome said there's more progress towards the later stages of 6-8 weeks.

So wt's the process of collegen remodelling like?

Do scars improve right after rolling, then look worse and become smoother again?

Anyone roll more often than 6 weeks using 1.5 mm roller?

Thanks for sharing!

Hello vivienckw' One roll is just to early for real results,although there will be some as everyone is different.I noticed that after rolling there was a bad appearance for a few weeks and then it gets better towards 6-8 week period,but thats me too.You have to monitor yourself closely.Age, diet and recreation (gym,running) all play a part in healing.I know what your saying when after rolling you look good,thats because of microswelling and thats ok,but when your scars "Reset" don't be upset this rolling takes some time,and i just did my fifth and i have real good results.I have one scar in particular that was stubborn and now 5 rolls latter it is finally submitted!!! i woke up this morning 7 days latter and i feel a tingling in the scar which is a signal that it is healing.So keep up the rolls every 6-8 weeks for collagen remodeling to take place.1-2 rolls (12 weeks)in are just softening the scars and laying down a foundation for more collagen.keep it up.

Thank you!

I don't think there is a big difference,but me personally have always taken powder form for the fact of less packaging and possible potency issues.Green Vibrance is amazing stuff for your complexion...warning tho,tastes nasty,but you get used to it.You can take it with something flavored,even lemon water totally will drown out the taste.But the way i look at it is you drink a glass in 10 seconds...done.So i'll drink anything for a better,healthier complexion.

Overcome, was wondering if you could comment on the collagen you are taking??? How

long you've been using it, the results you're seeing from it, brand, etc???? Seem

like its been a good supplement for you.

thanks

Thank you!

Overcome, was wondering if you could comment on the collagen you are taking??? How

long you've been using it, the results you're seeing from it, brand, etc???? Seem

like its been a good supplement for you.

thanks

Sure its called simply "Collagen" put out by a well known nutritionist.The website is called "Thedoctorwithin.com" i've had very good results from it. I've been on it for roughly 4 months and the results are good.My hair is fuller actually and i have to cut my nails twice a week,so there is defintely a increase in protein.I did notice my stomach got leaner,so i think it helps with hgh release too.

Edited by overcome

You'll be on Oprah one day with all your hints and tips! Think we should start referring to you as Doctor Overcome!

Thanks for your help, have gone green, look forward to giving the tablets a go as sorting out my insides ie. cutting out most rubbish that I used eat was the best thing EVER to happen to my acne. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here on in.

You'll be on Oprah one day with all your hints and tips! Think we should start referring to you as Doctor Overcome!

Thanks for your help, have gone green, look forward to giving the tablets a go as sorting out my insides ie. cutting out most rubbish that I used eat was the best thing EVER to happen to my acne. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here on in.

LOL yeah that would be cool.Good luck with the greens,it is a step in the right direction.

Hi Greg,

Did you experience bleeding while using 1.5mm roller?

I had some considerable bleeding when i rolled ..

my face become so red and i don't dare to roll hard

should i juz let my face bleed to hv the best result?

Did you supplement your 1.5mm rolling with less aggresive rolls (of shorter needles) in between?

I am sorry for not updating this thread sooner but I am have been up to my eyes with the kids this past month. I just want to let people know that after 6 months (4 rolls) my skin is incredible in terms of scar healing! I have mainly ice picks on my cheeks and a few on my forehead and all have responded well with about a 40% improvement! My confidence is much, much better, I am happier and I have hope again!!! Hopeand belief that in 12 months time my skin might just be close to scar free. I never expected to have even a 40% improvement so I am ecstatic with my progress.

I have achieved this progress with simply 4 rolls spaced out over 6/7 months with Bio Oil on my skin twice a day. Simple as that! I am eating much better these days but that hasn't caused my scars to heal, the rolling and Bio Oil have. I am not saying this because I am affiliated with a company and am here to mislead people I say that because I am over the moon with waking up and seeing my scars healing and want to let others know that there is a genuine simple treatment for our nightmare! I had given up hope and now I am blown away by the fact that I could be scar free with just a few days of redness very 2 months being the price.

I completely understand people being skepical, when I 1st saw images of what people were doing to their skin with the rollers I was horrified. 6 months down the line and I am taken aback by the progress that can be achieved and would advise others to be sensible when rolling), research rolling and consider giving it a go. It really has changed my life and I can't wait for my next roll!

Rob, yes that is the Bio Oil, it works a treat and I have seen better results than using the Terproline professional which costs about 5 times as much!!

Viv, yes i experience bleeding but I knew to expect that and don't have a problem with it. Just be careful, don't rush or get carried away when rolling and you should be fine. I personally would much rather have 1 good roll every 2 months than go easier and do more. I am careful not to go mad but I do experience bleeding: after 6 months (4rolls) this has led to great skin and no other side effects. Everyone's skin is different but I personally i am very happy with just the 1.5mm every 2 months.

Imbue I bought my rollers from Dr.Roller's site and was very happy with the service though I think that the rollers are expensive in general and for what they are should be perhaps half the price that they charge. That said I am very pleased with my progress.

Edited by greg09

Just a note to say that it was only really after my 3rd roll that i began to see real differences. It's not like you wake up one day and think wow my scars are going but you see changes in time and one day you find yourself looking in the mirror and realizing that your scars are going and that is an incredible feeling!

Rolling doesn't appear to have done much yet for my large pore though these past 3 weeks my pores look to have tightened, can't say 100% for sure that this is the case though so am taking it that so far my pores haven't really responded much.

Good luck guys!! There is hope!!!

It takes me much longer than 10 minutes but I don't go mad and rush. I do my face in section an hour apart - 1 cheek then the other then forehead then nose and chin.

By day 3 I am moderately red, you shouldn't be REALLY red days after, it dies down well by day 3 though with red still showing up until day 5.

Good luck!

:whistle:

I'm sorry to ask this, i'm sure everyone keeps asking. However, I've read the posts and can't seem to find the roller on ebay.

Where are you guys buying the 1.5mm roller? What brand, and is it the medical physician grade?

Thank You.

I buy mine from drroller.eu site. I t has free shipping and you get a discount when you buy a few.

Quick update - 4th roll last week. Went well, am much quicker now and doing it in sections really helps this as the numbing cream doesn't wear off by the time you have moved to another part of your face.

Really pleased with the results and kept a close eye on whether or not roller was causing pores to enlarge or scar, didn't do either.

Still need another number of rolls but so far so good and I am already looking forward to my next roll in January. Left 8 weeks between the rolls this time because I couldn't get time off work, 6-8 weeks is what I will aim for from now on.

Oh and I don't use ice packs at all any more, no need with the sections rolling.

greg

good to hear your great improvement with rolling :angel:

i suppose roller is of great help to acne scar,but i juz cant accept the 5 days redness time as you said

several question if you dont mind:)

1 do you roll your face aggressively?(i hear that when you see blood when rolling it means you roll yourself much aggressively )

2 do you take some measures to reduce redness?(say ice or aloe)

3 how can i control my rednness time within about 2-3days ?

thanks so much

Edited by MAXIROGERLEDES

i suppose roller is of great help to acne scar,but i juz cant accept the 5 days redness time as you said

Any effective scars treatment (laser or dermaroller) induce downtime. Redness can be a sign of effectiveness. Lack of redness means you have not rolled aggressively enough.

If you want to minimize downtime you may use creams with vitamins A and C that promote healing. You may also use a 1 mm dermaroller instead of the 1.5 mm one everybody is refering to. I've read an article by Dr. Fernandes where he advices to use the 1 mm model to minimize downtime and to roll more frequently (between once a week and once every 3 weeks).

I rolled myself 4 days ago (with a 1.5 mm roller) and my face was enterely covered with blood. Yesterday the redness was acceptable and today it's minimal.

Sorry for my english

Oh man... no offense but, changed your life? You hardly had any scars.. just large pores and tiny picks.

I'm not convinced this treatment will work on actual scars.

Greg09, happy for the progress. Something interesting happened

to me 2 days ago, its a first. I always look at my skin under the same

lighting in the bathroom. So at bedtime, I went in, looked up into the

mirrow, checked my right cheek..... and initially couldn't find my "crater".

I have stupid names for my scars, this one being my biggest on my right

cheek being named "V", because of the "v" shape. It was a pretty good

crater, but was "MIA". I looked and looked, and sure enough is really

disappearing. I was so happy. I looked for the 3 more superficial scars

I had around June, and there completely gone, can't even find them at all.

My skin tone finally is beginning to even out ever so slowly.

Best wishes to all.