Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonemis

Accutane Safe Alternatives?

not really sure how much safer it is but my old derm couldn't prescribe accutane and suggested i try high dose vitamin A. he had me taking 100,000 IU daily (two 50,000 doses).

can get it over the counter so don't need a prescription and it is like $2 a bottle so it is cheap. didn't work for me as well as accutane is either though.

other than that B5, any antibiotic, drink more water, cut out sugar, etc.

just read other boards (non-prescription boards) and there will be an endless number of suggestions for cures that are "safer" than accutane. other than that not really sure what you are looking for.

Accutane is pretty much in a class by itself. You could try diet changes if you have t for a few months. There's also topicals and of course in office procedures. Acne is a tricky beast so it will take some trial and error.

^^^what she said. That's y they prescribe a medication with so many side effects, because there's nothing else like it.

U should obviously try all the topicals and antibiotics before accutane, but don't mess around if u r getting scars.