Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettyhottie

Sebaceous Cysts...More Almost Daily On My Face..HELP!

i started with one bump on my cheek and that was enough, i was HATING IT. i used to have terrific skin and that is so long gone, that every new thing is beyond devestating. i can't cope any more. the derm refused to do anything, saying it's not large enough and would be a worse scar. it's not his face though. grr! well at least it was just one right? HA.

then it was around nearly 2 yrs mind you, and then i started to get more, and more, and FAST. i now have about 20 of them, (at least. i don't search for them, but when i wash my face i feel them, and put on my makeup, it's very hard to deal with. if they were zits and i knew they were going, FINE, but i know when i see them, they are here to stay, and idk how to stop them or get rid of them.) i CANNOT believe i'm the only one going thru this, and that there is NADA to be done, in this day and age, oh please, oh please tell me!!?? if they are all too small to cut out, or whatever they do, then what do i do? just go on getting disfigured by whatever the BEEP this is happening to me? i feel completely terminal right now.

bad enough when it was one, then two, but a face full and growing, is more then i can handle. my nose, cheeks, are ruined, and oh i just look lovely in my heavy makeup used to conceal other things, now (NOT). NIGHTMARE

any way to stop them from growing, and popping up all the time? any way to heal the other ones? i got so frustrated and i've refrained from picking anything my whole life, on my face, and i picked at one, and now it's widened, and been beet red for days now. ugh, made it look WORSE. can anything go right?

how does one treat these, if surgery is not an option? ways to prevent more? i feel like i'll be a side show freak soon. i'm full of super large pores, and if that couldnt get worse, i didn;t think so, these bumps on top of it. my sanity is shaken here. anyone?

i'm gonna try a heating pad today. i have a blue and red light, but that aint helpin w/ anything.

thanks!

If you can, get a second opinion from another derm. Did the derm you see diagnose your bumps as sebaceous cysts? These are different from acne cysts.

Joe Zit

i'm not sure what kind of bumps you are talking about that makes them too small. Are these white heads on your face?

There is alot that can be done and i'm really perlplexed as to why you are not doing it. If white heads or closed papules that are going to form into cysts is your problem go on differin.

Otherwise why aren't you using antiobitics? accutane? Or even benzoyl peroxide is better than this sistuation.

I've been in your exact position before and i know how horrifieng it is to go from perfect skin to severe acne very fast. But don't panick, start fighting! You WILL get better. What else can be done? This website was a real eye opener for me

By the way, a heating pad on cysts is probably the worst thing you can do. Ice pack on inflamed acne immedietly! put some antiseptic on it . Never touch it, boy have i made that mistake one too many times.

i started with one bump on my cheek and that was enough, i was HATING IT. i used to have terrific skin and that is so long gone, that every new thing is beyond devestating. i can't cope any more. the derm refused to do anything, saying it's not large enough and would be a worse scar. it's not his face though. grr! well at least it was just one right? HA.

then it was around nearly 2 yrs mind you, and then i started to get more, and more, and FAST. i now have about 20 of them, (at least. i don't search for them, but when i wash my face i feel them, and put on my makeup, it's very hard to deal with. if they were zits and i knew they were going, FINE, but i know when i see them, they are here to stay, and idk how to stop them or get rid of them.) i CANNOT believe i'm the only one going thru this, and that there is NADA to be done, in this day and age, oh please, oh please tell me!!?? if they are all too small to cut out, or whatever they do, then what do i do? just go on getting disfigured by whatever the BEEP this is happening to me? i feel completely terminal right now.

bad enough when it was one, then two, but a face full and growing, is more then i can handle. my nose, cheeks, are ruined, and oh i just look lovely in my heavy makeup used to conceal other things, now (NOT). NIGHTMARE

any way to stop them from growing, and popping up all the time? any way to heal the other ones? i got so frustrated and i've refrained from picking anything my whole life, on my face, and i picked at one, and now it's widened, and been beet red for days now. ugh, made it look WORSE. can anything go right?

how does one treat these, if surgery is not an option? ways to prevent more? i feel like i'll be a side show freak soon. i'm full of super large pores, and if that couldnt get worse, i didn;t think so, these bumps on top of it. my sanity is shaken here. anyone?

i'm gonna try a heating pad today. i have a blue and red light, but that aint helpin w/ anything.

thanks!