Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sriram619

Fish Oil and Inflamation

I been taking 2400 mg of omega 3 fish oil for a week now. Redness still there, but definitely helps with skin getting softer. My skin used to be rough. got much better

One times taking fish oil and I broke out very badly I later found out and that some companies put like 5% maybe 10% fish oil and the rest is vegetable oil which we all know is an inflammatory food so now I just eat fish every day for my fish oil i would. Recommend buying your fish oil form a health food store or online store i do not know the chemical name that they call the vegetable oil your best bet would too ask a chemist.

These people based in the USA www.SwansonVitamins.com

These people are based in the UK www.BodyKind.com

remember to always read the label or the small print

Edited by matthew wardell

so all in all does fish oil help with the regimen i am doing the zinc as well. I hear fish oil helps reduce redness and inflamation over time ? anyone have any good results or notice less redness with fish oil ?

so all in all does fish oil help with the regimen i am doing the zinc as well. I hear fish oil helps reduce redness and inflamation over time ? anyone have any good results or notice less redness with fish oil ?

For me, it's tough to approach this objectively...I mean, I've been taking 4000mg fish oil + 50mg zinc gluconate everyday for the past month and MAYBE it's doing something, but I'm also using the regimen + AHA so it's tough to distinguish as to which one is actually clearing my inflammation/red spots. For all I know, they could very well be working with eachother, but I honestly haven't seen drastic improvement taking the supplements WITH the regimen vs. just doing the regimen. I think the only reason I'm still taking them is because they're good for the body regardless.

My 2 cents.

Edited by dfekt

For me, it's tough to approach this objectively...I mean, I've been taking 4000mg fish oil + 50mg zinc gluconate everyday for the past month and MAYBE it's doing something, but I'm also using the regimen + AHA so it's tough to distinguish as to which one is actually clearing my inflammation/red spots. For all I know, they could very well be working with eachother, but I honestly haven't seen drastic improvement taking the supplements WITH the regimen vs. just doing the regimen. I think the only reason I'm still taking them is because they're good for the body regardless.

My 2 cents.

What brand/kind of fish oil are you guys taking?

My 2 cents.

What brand/kind of fish oil are you guys taking?

"Swiss" brand.

Fish oil has helped my skin, not a miracle, but I've been scarring less, and dry spots are occurring less frequently. I use a highly refined micro filtered 1,000mg fish oil called Pure Encapsulations.

I also recommend iFlora, which is a concentrated probiotic I got from my nutritionist/chiropractor that aides in digestion and helps improve skin clarity and texture. Once again, not a miracle, but the two combined with the regimen have my skin clearer and smoother than it's ever been.