Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emmieri

Differin -- VERY long term

Differin was one of the first acne topicals I was prescribed, way back when I was about 14. I'm 19 now. I've been to two different derms and they both keep me on this stuff, even though I tell them I've been on it forever.

...don't you get immune to this stuff after so long? I'm asking this, because I still have acne. After two rounds of accutane, five years of differin, and a billion different topicals paired with differin, I still have acne.

just wondering. ~_~ pretty sure differin isn't doing anything...but the derm keeps telling me to stay on it.

You should definitely see results in less than a year if you're going to at all, I'd say. Have you tried a different retinoid, such as tazorac or tretinoin (aka retin-a)?

Also, are you a girl?

You should definitely see results in less than a year if you're going to at all, I'd say. Have you tried a different retinoid, such as tazorac or tretinoin (aka retin-a)?

Also, are you a girl?

yes, I've been on tazorac. tretinoin sounds familiar but I'm not quite sure. I've been on so many things i've lost track. Yep, I'm a girl.

Also, are you a girl?

yes, I've been on tazorac. tretinoin sounds familiar but I'm not quite sure. I've been on so many things i've lost track. Yep, I'm a girl.

Have you tried hormonal treatments, like birth control or spironolactone? These are often the next step for women who are unresponsive to other treatments...

You won't necessarily become "immune" to the differin, but it might not be doing enough on its own to keep you clear...

Also, are you a girl?

Have you tried hormonal treatments, like birth control or spironolactone? These are often the next step for women who are unresponsive to other treatments...

You won't necessarily become "immune" to the differin, but it might not be doing enough on its own to keep you clear...

I was on Yaz for a while, and although it helped a lot, I was never completely clear on it. I'm curious about Spironolactone though. How is it any different than birth control? I see that you're on it...how do you like it?

How long were you on Tane for and at what dosage?

First time on Accutane I was on it for 5 months, starting at 40mgs then ending on 60mgs, second treatment was on the same dosage for 6 months.

If you're on/thinking about Accutane, don't be discouraged by my experience please. lol honestly, I just have really sucky luck with acne.

Also, are you a girl?

I was on Yaz for a while, and although it helped a lot, I was never completely clear on it. I'm curious about Spironolactone though. How is it any different than birth control? I see that you're on it...how do you like it?

How long were you on Tane for and at what dosage?

First time on Accutane I was on it for 5 months, starting at 40mgs then ending on 60mgs, second treatment was on the same dosage for 6 months.

If you're on/thinking about Accutane, don't be discouraged by my experience please. lol honestly, I just have really sucky luck with acne.

Haha nah I was just curious, I finished my second course about a month ago