Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timpa

Scar treatment for dark skin?

Hi! I'm a 20 year old guy from India (but living in Sweden). I've had acne for about 5 years, and it has left me with scarring. I have some rolling scars, some ice pick scars and two/three boxed scars. They're on my both temples and my right cheek.

Recently I visited a skin therapist clinic, and there I was told they don't perform chemical peels nor laser on people with my skin color, due to the fact that it's too risky. It made me very depressed and everything felt hopeless. But when I got home I googled, and from what I can see, there are people with similar skin color as mine who have had acne scar treatments.

Does anyone know what types of treatments that do work for dark skinned people? Do I have a chance? If anyone has before and after pictures I'd be happy to see them. I'm going a bit mad, and I really feel that I need to get some new hope..

I hope someone out there is/have been in the same situation. Please, help!

I wish you all the best guys! Keep fighting and try to stay positive!

I know, it's easier said than done, but at least try :shifty:

The best,

Tim

PS. I don't have many pics (I don't like having my photograph taken for obvious reasons), but this one was taken last summer. Now it's gotten a bit worse, and the scars are mostly of the type you can see on my left temple on the pic. DS.

post-97732-1252352804_thumb.jpg

post-97732-1252352804_thumb.jpg

I don't have before/afters or any experience with acne scar treatments... just a lot of experience reading these boards, as I'm still resolving my acne. I don't have dark skin either so definitely take what I say with a grain of salt, and do plenty of your own research... but have you looked into dermarolling at all? I think that may be the safest treatment I've read about, don't know anything about how it would affect darker skin tones. If you search for the thread titled "Okay guys..." by Lamarr you'll find lots of info on it.

I just wanted to say that while I am sure you are self conscious of your scarring, what you have is really not bad at all. Most people do not notice temple scarring. But good luck regardless!

Depending on how your cheek scars look, you may want to check out subcision. It helped me a lot and should not be a problem for your skin type.

Edited by THX