Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cprlfred

best exfoliant / exfoliating scrub?

Hello,

for a long time now, I've been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub....it seemed to work really well, but I think I overused it, it dried my face out, perhaps irritated my face casuing more sebum to be generated, starting a vicious cycle.

I also looked at a lot of the ingredients of the St. Ives and it appears many of them are irritating.

Wondering what other people use ...products or methods....exfoliation.

Thanks

I just use burt's bees deep pore scrub its natural and makes my skin soft.

I have used st Ives apricot scrub before and I found it to be yoo harsh and irritating for my skin so I stopped using it, plus i broke out too. so I switched to a more natural product and I like it, its not harsh or irritating for my skin.

something else you can try is baking soda. its been know to exfoilate and seems people like it. personally I haven't tried it yet but I do want to sometime.

Keep in mind that exfoliating scrubs, such as St. Ives, that contain bits of ground up apricot or peach pits (or anything similar) aren't the greatest for acne-prone skin. The granules in them actually contain sharp, jagged edges which can cause micro-tears in your skin, which are not only irritating (and irritation can lead to breakouts), but make an excellent entry point for bacteria.

A better option, if you still want to use a manual exfoliant, would be to find one that has smooth, silica beads in it. These beads are just as good at helping to loosen up dry, dead skin, but because they're smooth, they're gentler on your skin.

Keep in mind that exfoliating scrubs, such as St. Ives, that contain bits of ground up apricot or peach pits (or anything similar) aren't the greatest for acne-prone skin. The granules in them actually contain sharp, jagged edges which can cause micro-tears in your skin, which are not only irritating (and irritation can lead to breakouts), but make an excellent entry point for bacteria.

A better option, if you still want to use a manual exfoliant, would be to find one that has smooth, silica beads in it. These beads are just as good at helping to loosen up dry, dead skin, but because they're smooth, they're gentler on your skin.

any particular products with silica beads that you would reccomend?

Hey Cp theirs a company called every man jack that sells some pretty good face scrubs... I myself havent bought it yet but when i do buy a scrub i plan on buying this 1

any particular products with silica beads that you would reccomend?

Clean and clear Blackhead Daily scrub.

Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub. I love it. It's oil free and does not strip your skin of moisture. It smells really nice and has little micro beads that make your face feel all minty, tingly, and cool after you use! It takes off make up really well too and inexpensive, $6.88 at CVS.

Edited by greeneyes44