Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kiutiboi

Dealing with Greasy & Scarry Skin

Hi there.

My acne is mild but my scarring is noticeable. :ph34r:

When my skin gets greasy , it makes scarring look worse.

I had always washed my face twice a day (morning and evening).

However my skin didn't look clear consistently.I mean, one day it could look good and the next day: not so good.

BUT

For one week I tried to wash my face three times a day (i washed it every 8 hours).Consequently, my face looked much better than when i used to wash it twice.

NOW

After two weeks of this routine , my skin has got irritated and flaky.I am using a glyceryn soap , so soap is not the problem i know but the 3 times i wash my face.I am back to two times face washing routine.

BUT

I still want to get the results i had with my 3 times washing routine.

So my question is HOW?

I do notice that if i wash my face at 9:00 AM , by 04:00 pm , my skin has got somewhat greasy ..not that greasy , but still that grease makes my scarring look worse.

This is what I plan to do:

Between morning and evening, I will remove the greasy with toilet paper and wash my face with just water.No soap.

Any advice?

My treatment is comprised of glycering soap, water and nothing else.My acne is mild but my scarring is noticeable.

Thanks

Irritated Kiuti

Oil free moisturizer, a good toner, and maybe even try those clean an clear oil blotting sheets. They rock.

Oil free moisturizer, a good toner, and maybe even try those clean an clear oil blotting sheets. They rock.

yes you leave the moisturizer on all night long ...heh. you can try cetaphil moisturizer at night and gillete spf15 moisturizer during the day(it's not greasy+plus makes your skin look nice and smooth w/ no grease!)

Umm, if you're not into the moisturizers, maybe you can just wash with water the midday.

acne_suks and all of you who replied:

Thanks for your answers.My skin was so irritated yesterday so i needed a moisturizer badly.I bought an avocado and smashed it and made some kind of mask with it which i applied onto my face and leave it for 20 mins.

I read avocado is a natural moisturizer.My skin looks better now, but I am still in search of a moisturizer in a bottle, I am not planning to make avocado mask every night smile.gif

Thanks

Kiutiboi

Update

I ve been doing the two times face washing routine (morning and evening with soap) plus one face washing with just water.

Results: Not so happy with results.When I did my second face washing (i.e facewashing with just water) , my skin looks like when you try to clean a greasy dish with just water: a mess.Not the feeling of cleaning that used to give me the soap.

Back when I use to do my three times face washing routine with soap, my second-washing was a very gentle washing , not a harsh washing.Even so, my skin got irritated possibly (now i know) because i hadn't been moisturizing it.

Next step: I got Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, i will use it at nights, and i will see if i can wash my face three times a day withouht getting an irritated skin.

Can you recommend other moisturizer? i ve heard of Eucerin and Aloe Gels.

I prefer to put natural things onto my face than stick to a product.Any recommende aloe gels? Where can i get it?

Thanks so much

Kiuti

Have you tried using the Apple Cidar Vinegar with water toner? It seems to work pretty well on red marks. I've never tried aloe vera, but i hear it's a great moisterizer, especially if you use it right from the leaf. (you can buy it at a health food stores).

I personally use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisterizer and I love it. Been using it for a really long time. Doesn't make my face greasy, just very healthy looking.

Regarding to your situation, I personally think that washing more than twice per day are too much. Although you are using the glycerine soap but you really have to make sure that the glycerine soap is really pure glycerine soap without any add-on fragrance, colourants and so on. These artifical ingredients might cause your skin to be sensitive whereby will contribute to acne. Just like what Dan said in his regimen - GENTLE CLEANSING is the key word. Just don't be too harsh to your skin, you treat it well, it will give you a great complexion.

Greasy appreance, well, perhaps too many cleansing job contribute to the apprearance of sebum. So, I suggest you to decrease your face cleansing times, conjuctionally using oil blotting paper to help to SOAK those unwanted oil. There are so many oil blotting paper in the market nowadays and I personally recommend you the Clean&Clear one because it's make from silicone which is good in oil absorption.

About the moisturizer stuff, I would kindly recommend St. Ives Oil-free moisturizer, because it's light, fragrance free and non-comedogenic.

Well, that's all for now. Perhaps my suggestion is not that good but I just want to share what I knew. Thank you~