Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone :angel: ,

i've had acne on/off for about 5 years and usually i just take antibiotics (tetracycline)

and the acne will clear up after a few weeks. well this time the antibotics just didnt work. so i decided to change my diet, eliminated all junk food (choc,chips,fast food, fry ups!) and i started to exercise i did this for about a month, and my acne improved just a little but i would still get a new pimple everyday and it was pissing me off. anyway i always heard that diary products weren't that good for ppl with acne and would cause breakouts. about a week ago i started drinking raw sour milk (laban) and eating raw yoghurt, ( i also take a multi vitamin twice a day). im happy :dance: so far i've only gotten one small pimple in the past week and my acne is really starting to clear up. oh yea and i still exercise and eat well and think its important to eat clean if you want your skin to get better.

Hiya, where do you buy raw milk from? I don't think I've ever seen it in the shops. Also, does raw mean that it hasn't been treated? If you could explain that'd be great. Wondering if organic would do or is it just as bad?

Is raw milk preferable cos it contains no hormones? cheers in advance! ;)

well i guess in every country its different. But the shop i buy it from gets it directly from a farm. Its really great because it hasnt been treated at all and comes straight from the cow. it does taste funny though but is better for you because it gets digested properly, plus no hormones have been added.

oh and i forgot to mention it must be raw milk not organic.

I definitely think that raw and pasteurized milk need to be looked at separately. Pasteurized dairy products cause many problems in people, and many people's bodies just straight up reject it i.e. allergies. I have heard amazing things about raw milk though, and how it can actually help to clear skin conditions.

In the U.S. raw milk is technically illegal to sell/distribute, but you can still find it. There are some loopholes and such to the laws.

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/Raw_Milk_FAQ.html

http://www.realmilk.com/where2.html

Yeah raw milk is illegal to sell in the shops here too but I've heard farmers' markets are a good bet so I'll try and get to my local one, though it only comes once a month to my area. Christ, it'll be like trying to get drugs or sommat on the black market!! LOL. " Do you know where I can get any........ (hushed tones) raw milk, mate? " :badgrin: