Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
learnedguitar

excuses not to take off your shirt when your friends do

Tell them you have somthing to do if they mention going to the beach or pool.

Those are the only times I have to make excuses

Well, we are going on holiday to a hot destination. and i have a huge breakout after being on prednison wich spreads all the way down my back. now using roaccutane so i cant deal with sunlihgt anyways. but they have never has seen this on me before and i dont want them to notice either. so i better come up with a few things...

Lets say you go to the bahamas or somthing. Just wear a nice white vneck. I remember when me and my family went on a cruise we went to some island and everyone was getting ready to go swimming. I just wore my swimsuit with a white shirt and didn't go swimming because I said I didn't want to get all salty.

I just did other activities like sightseeing and stuff.

Inside or out? If you're outside just use the old "don't wanna get skin cancer" excuse.

oh stop it. just sit under those huge umbrellas.

Edited by Butch_

say you have body acne and it makes you insecure so you'd rather not take your shirt off.

trust me, they'll understand, they're not going to be mean about it- if they are indeed your friends that is =]

im pretty open with my true friends about my acne, if you are also they will understand. just tell them the truth.

Tell them that you were swimming one day when you were scouted by nike, and that your chest is now insured for 2 million, and must only be bared in the company of a nike executive, for legal reasons.

Honestly, I'd just do it. Take your shirt off. Who cares?

I guess it's easier saying that... but this is my opinion, I'm another person. I'm not going to step into your shoes but if I did I probably WOULDNT take off my shirt... but since I'm not going to pretend to be you, I'll just be myself.

I honestly wouldn't think less of you if you did take off your shirt. I'm sure if they're your friends, they won't care, either.

Honestly, I'd just do it. Take your shirt off. Who cares?

I guess it's easier saying that... but this is my opinion, I'm another person. I'm not going to step into your shoes but if I did I probably WOULDNT take off my shirt... but since I'm not going to pretend to be you, I'll just be myself.

I honestly wouldn't think less of you if you did take off your shirt. I'm sure if they're your friends, they won't care, either.

Yeah i used to do that also, but since i had to take some medication for something else. My acne has really worsened to a point i need to wear longsleeve shirt as it has spread to my lower arms..

yeah.. it pretty bad, it grosses me out also. yuk...

1. You do not wish to embarrass your friends by exposing your superior body in public.

2. Shirt is actually attached to your skin by super glue, it was an amusing prank you arranged that ended up going wrong in a 1990's Nickalodeon Kenan and Kel like fashion.

3. Question your friends sexuality and ask why they feel the need to remove their clothes infront of other men (single out the smallest, least liked, or most homosexual friend - then watch group mentality take over your battle).

4. Explain that the aforementioned friend made a pass at you in your bedroom the other day and that you don't feel comfortable exposing your body in case it gets him off.

5. Explain that the terms and conditions of your bail state that you are not to reveal yourself in front of minors (assuming your friends are under the age of 17).

6. Say that taking off your shirt is gay.

1. You do not wish to embarrass your friends by exposing your superior body in public.

2. Shirt is actually attached to your skin by super glue, it was an amusing prank you arranged that ended up going wrong in a 1990's Nickalodeon Kenan and Kel like fashion.

3. Question your friends sexuality and ask why they feel the need to remove their clothes infront of other men (single out the smallest, least liked, or most homosexual friend - then watch group mentality take over your battle).

4. Explain that the aforementioned friend made a pass at you in your bedroom the other day and that you don't feel comfortable exposing your body in case it gets him off.

5. Explain that the terms and conditions of your bail state that you are not to reveal yourself in front of minors (assuming your friends are under the age of 17).

Those are funny :)

I just say my skin is very sensitive to light which is not hard to believe since I'm swedish and very pale :P

Gustaf

Legend

I have pectus carinatum, or pigeon breast. Basically it means in the middle of my chest the bone sticks out. Just Google it if you're not sure what I mean. Anyway, I don't have much chest acne... but the pectus carinatum bothers me a lot more than the acne.

It's really embarrassing because something like 1 in 400 people have it, which means I'm pretty alone...I feel awkward sometimes because I can't even hug people without them noticing. My ex-girlfriend didn't care but she was extremely understanding.

So I know how you guys feel with serious chest acne, you just don't want to take off your shirt. Thing is, sometimes you can tell I have it even with a shirt on.

say you have body acne and it makes you insecure so you'd rather not take your shirt off.

trust me, they'll understand, they're not going to be mean about it- if they are indeed your friends that is =]

indeed