Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meat_pirate86

Name your acne triggers

I thought it might be a good idea to have our members list known acne triggers so we can use the search function for 'trigger'

I'll start

more than one serving of dairy a day

too much red meat

too much sugar

tropical fruit

too many whole grains or legumes

lol............this is the most craziest thing but the effects of benzoyl peroxide i used to use benzoyl peroxide to treat my 1 or 2 pimples but than i put it all over my face and than i got the driest skin ever i had put it by my eyelid my right side is healing up alright but my left sides appearence looks ugly since the skin is like dead and black and swollen its been 9 months still hasnt healed ........

Stress

Lack of Sleep

Lack of Exercise

Lack of sunlight

An unbalanced Omega 3/Omega 6 ratio

I've only just begun to do my investigation into what causes my acne and here are the prime suspects

Junk food.

Too many cosmetics and use of brands that just dont agree with me (nivea for men, Bio oil, clearisil cleansers).

Shaving.

Stress.

The jury is still out on dairy products (given it up for a month and my skin hasn't really improved) and diet coke (same thing).

Stress

Lack of Sleep

Lack of Exercise

Lack of sunlight

I've only just begun to do my investigation into what causes my acne and here are the prime suspects

Junk food.

Too many cosmetics and use of brands that just dont agree with me (nivea for men, Bio oil, clearisil cleansers).

Shaving.

Stress.

The jury is still out on dairy products (given it up for a month and my skin hasn't really improved) and diet coke (same thing).

Refined sugars, and definitely (definitely!) lack of sleep. For some reason, sleep is a big deal for me.

Question: I'm trying to give up my addiction to diet pepsi, as I've heard that even though it's not real sugar, the aspartame is just as bad for maintaining steady glycemic levels. Has anyone had any particularly negative reactions to diet soda? Or good reactions after giving it up?

dairy

greasy and fried foods

sugar

soy

flax

stress is probably a factor and gluten is possibly a factor. too much omega 6 over my omega 3s will probably trigger it as well.

Any bread basically, though I get worst acne from white bread. As well as white rice, pasta etc.

Coke, fanta, orange juice etc.

Lollies

Cookies, cakes, chips...

Stress

Too much sun exposure

Too little sleep

I am fine to eat fatty foods though actually... like dessert cheeses, butter and such foods. They don't effect my skin in the slightest strangely enough!

definetly lack of sleep, not sure about dairy because i cut it out and my acne is still the same, ummm iodine, dry skin, lack of exercise, fried foods, refined sugars, and worst of all CREATINE- it gave me cysts bad and i never get cyst!!!

Stress

Lack of Sleep

Lack of Exercise

Lack of sunlight

Junk food.

Shaving.

Stress.

Refined sugars, and definitely (definitely!) lack of sleep. For some reason, sleep is a big deal for me.

Question: I'm trying to give up my addiction to diet pepsi, as I've heard that even though it's not real sugar, the aspartame is just as bad for maintaining steady glycemic levels. Has anyone had any particularly negative reactions to diet soda? Or good reactions after giving it up?

I have exactly the same addiction and, although they say diet pepsi/coke is just as bad for you as the regular sort, I managed to give up diet pepsi for about a month and saw little improvement in my skin. I would give giving it up a try if i were you, but I cant say it will work as everyone's skin is different and so too are their acne triggers.

The list goes as followed :

Oranges, citrus, but not lemon

tomatoes, raw

alot of dairy

fried foods, hydrogenated oils

alot of refined sugars

caffeine, alcohol, beverages

lack of sleep ( not sleeping at maybe 10 30, 4 times a week)

lack of exercise ( need to sweat)

lack of sunshine, it just feels good on your skin

stress, and bad feelings

lack of nutrition, balance, e,g omega3/6

not washing your face :)

wow, i just solved my own problem,... but too lazy