Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, hope I'm posting this in the right section.

Ok, I have mod-severe acne since i was 13 and I'm 20 now. Birth control put a stop to most breakouts while a few weeks of clindatech (an antibiotic) put a stop to the couple of big nasty ones i was still getting. Problem is that now I have redness, scars, blackheads and whiteheads :doh: So while I'm clear, its dosnt really look like it.

I did some research and brought neostrata ultra smoothing lotion, which has 8% glycolic acid and 2% citric acid. After 4 days of using it, my nose (which has blackheads but never pimples) has about 10 really tiny pimples;my forehead is covered with even more little flesh coloured bumps and the rest of my face is a bit bumpy also.

Does this sound like purging? Anyone else experienced it and got better? None of these are big or painful, just tiny bumps which I doubt will leave a scar. I'm going to stick with it for at least a month but I want to know if this is normal and how long till it goes down. Also was wondering if i brought and used the glycolic acid cleanser would it make it more effective.

Thanks!

Purging can last anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, it all depends on how many of your pores have been blocked over time, sometimes it's unavoidable I'm afraid.

Just thought I'd update since I found it hard to get info and experiences about purging - maybe this will help someone one day!

I've used it a full week now and my forehead and sides of my face are still bumpy :rolleyes: i'm getting paranoid about standing under brights lights. I have one proper pimple (first in months ) and treating that with tree tea oil. They are calming down on my nose and chin and my red marks seem to have faded, the smooth patches of skin looks quite lovely i must say :)

So i guess i have another week or so of this, its hard not to reassure everyone i meet that its just my skin purging and thats its only temporary! (at least I hope :unsure: )