Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeshep

Quinoderm

I picked some of this stuff up today after reading some good things about it. It's the 10% BP one. Well anyway and I've applied it and it hasn't dried my face at all, which was very unexpected. Honestly, the only thing that happened was a bit of a stinging sensation upon applying it but that's it. Now it doesn't even feel as though I've put anything on. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing? It doesn't really feel as though it's actually working where as with the PanOxyl you could feel it drying the spots up almost immediately after application..

it takes more than a day to get the drying effect trust me. If you keep applying this everyday to your face in about a week your face is going to be extremely dry/cracked/flaky. 10% bp should only be used for spot treatment and not the entire face.

From the FAQs:

Q: I can't get a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Can I use a higher concentration?

A: 2.5% is best. However, anything up to 5% should most likely be fine, albeit more drying and no more effective. Avoid 10% preparations which will over dry. One exception when dealing with pimples on the back. The skin in this area is tough and may withstand 10% nicely. If you can find a 10% much cheaper, you may want to try it on the back. It will not be more effective than a 2.5% solution, but may save you money.

So why not simply use less of a 10% solution? Through trial and error I have found this does not work. I do not know exactly why using more of a 2.5% solution works better. My guess would be that when you use more of the product, there is more available to be absorbed into the skin.

Thing is, I didn't even realise it was 10% until I read the back. It didn't state on the front. I just assumed I'd be warned by the person who served me if it was a high percentage. I was just a spare of the moment desision..

Any way I'm thinking of purchasing Dan's gel. I'm finding it difficult to use these products sparingly any way. They only come in 40-50g tubes max, and the gel formulation espescially I'm finding difficult to spread. Having watched the videos it appears Dan's gel goes on a lot smoother and more easily.

Or are there any other BP products out there similar to Dan's?