Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

One step forward and two steps back

I have suffered from acne for 11 years. I can't stop breaking out. I've tried so many things to clear up my face but I can't stop the break outs. BP completely stopped working in a few months even though I gradually upped the amount. In the last year I've had accumulated over 20 scars. Acne and scars are not my only problems with my skin. I also have broken blood capillaries and sun spots. Not to mention I have sensitive skin. I have so many other problems besides acne. But I feel if acne were not one of my problems, I would be ok. I come from a poor family and I've had to work for every single thing. I've paid of every treatment out of my own pocket. So much hard work in vain. I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm not a bad person. I'm a helping and loving person. But God doesn't want to give me a break. I feel like I'm falling in the hole deeper and deeper. I just can't stop breaking out and I can't stop getting scars as a result. I don't know what to do anymore... I would add more but I gotta get on my way to work..

Edited by AcnePwns

Few thing that have helped me amazingly:

- Niacin

- Abstaining from masturbation for over a week

Breakouts just stop and skin starts to heal faster than you could possibly have expected. Read more on holistic forum.

I know acne is one tough disease that eats you alive, but never give it up!

dermatologist is a must.

If you want your acne to go away than you have to talk with your dermatologist and tell them everything about how you've tried things and how some things haven't worked.

Back when I had serious acne I tried using every store product out there including shit proactive solution. Eventually I read somewhere on the internet about people losing their acne by getting perscribed accutane. The next week I had my mom schedule me an appointment and the dermatologist gave me retina, doxycycline, and clindimycine.

Within the period of 2 years I went from a full face of acne to a clear face with just scars and a little redness that's starting to go away.

So does mean no sex either? I dont know if I cant hold it in for a week :eh:

I am 22 still haven't outgrown acne. I'm to the point where I dont even want to try anymore. I've wasted so much time and money only to come up short. My skin will continue to get worse by the day. There will be a cure for acne and scars one day. I'm actually more worried about my scars since they are permanent. But I truly believe within 5-20 years, scar-less healing will be out and it will be the most successful treatment ever. I'll just have to deal with it until then. I use all of the money I've saved from working which is about $6k if it can fix my skin! I'm to the point where I don't even want to have children because I don't want them to suffer from acne like I have. It just wouldn't be fair to them. I do everything right, but the things I have no control over goes wrong all the time.

I need to smoke a bowl now

dermatologist is a must.

If you want your acne to go away than you have to talk with your dermatologist and tell them everything about how you've tried things and how some things haven't worked.

Back when I had serious acne I tried using every store product out there including shit proactive solution. Eventually I read somewhere on the internet about people losing their acne by getting perscribed accutane. The next week I had my mom schedule me an appointment and the dermatologist gave me retina, doxycycline, and clindimycine.

Within the period of 2 years I went from a full face of acne to a clear face with just scars and a little redness that's starting to go away.

This is going to sound extremely cheesy, but I'm 24 and still have acne myself the best way for me personally of dealing with it is I simply avoid over-examining myself in the mirror. I've concentrated on improving my self confidence via exercise and being in excellent physical shape. Everyone obsesses over something they don't like about themselves self confidence is an issue even for those with perfect skin. I wouldn't care at all if my friends had the worst acne on this planet it would not stop me from hanging out and enjoying the company. If you look at it from that perspective what is there to worry about? At my acne's worst I was enjoying hikes and mountain biking with my friends the same as if my skin was completely clear. Best of luck to you just get out there and enjoy life.

BP only cures the symptoms and not the root of the problem, that's why you're always taking 2 steps back, you cure a bunch of pimples but then a whole new bunch arrive because you haven't treated the cause of the problem.