Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lil Bean

I need an alternative.

I'm 24 years old and had pretty clear skin until about a year ago when I started to develop moderate to severe acne. I tried Murad, Proactive, and many other over the counter products and nothing seemed to work. I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me differin, binzaclin, and clindamycin while washing my face with Cetaphil. These products have helped me out immensely but I will be losing my health insurance soon and wont be able to pay full price for the medicine and the doc appts. Can anyone in the same situation suggest something that will work and something affordable?

Have you tried Dan's regimen with his products? Works like a charm.

I used to use benzaclin (and it cleared me right up) until it started getting too expensive for a cash-strapped college kid.

Now that I have a job and can afford to go to the dermatologist and buy all the lotions and potions they prescribe, I still use Dan's products and his regimen and it works great.

I'm 24 years old and had pretty clear skin until about a year ago when I started to develop moderate to severe acne. I tried Murad, Proactive, and many other over the counter products and nothing seemed to work. I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me differin, binzaclin, and clindamycin while washing my face with Cetaphil. These products have helped me out immensely but I will be losing my health insurance soon and wont be able to pay full price for the medicine and the doc appts. Can anyone in the same situation suggest something that will work and something affordable?

Give Face Reality a try as well. You can contact them online they do long distance consults. Dan's products are also great, but FR can assess your skin type and make recommendations and then you can probably make your regimen more affordable using Dan's stuff. I found them through another member on here and have done alot better than using a ton of prescriptions and drugs. Finding what works best for your skin type is key. For me the most important thing I learned was icing my skin in order to accelerate peeling and skin cell turn over ( rubbing ice for up to 2-3 minutes after washing my face), and helping the product to work better.

Edited by vendredi37

Avoiding high glycemic meals, drinks and snacks is free. It's the only thing that worked for me. Not antibiotics, topicals or antibiotics. More info in my signature.

I like sulfur products because they work best for me. Google Dr. Joesoef's skin care. It's inexpensive and works great. You can email them for a free sample of their 10% sulfur soap. It's a full sized bar of soap (3.5 ounces) and lasts a long time. It has been working well for me (43) and my son (21). There's also Adult Acnomel which is 8% sulfur and can be bought in drugstores. I use this for spot treatment.