Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
talaash

Punch Elevation and Punch Grafts before Fraxel

Hi Guys,

I am new to the site and have been reading for a while. I have lived with my scars for 12 years now. They probably bother me more than anyone else I have ever come across and due to not having funds I have never been able to do anything about them. Finally I have decided whatever happens I am spending on myself and doing something about it.

I went to see a dermatologist who forwarded me to another one of his collegues.

I have icepick and boxcar indented scarring on my cheeks. THese happened in a space of 30 days when I got chicken box around the time I turned 18. Then there are rolling scars due to acne that I battled from the time I turned 16-17 until I was around 21.

Anyhow, I was told that my scars were treatable but not all of them would completely disappear. Which I guessed as well. The doctor will perform punch elevation and punch grafts. I am not so concerned with the punch elevation but I am tentative regarding punch grafts. The doctor will then perform fraxel six months after the initial procedures.

There are two scars on on each cheek that are around 1-1.2cm across and indented. I assume thats what the grafting is needed for. But I really don't want my skin to get worse. What could be the option to take the safest route and get say realisticly 30-40% improvement overall?

Are these procedures outline my best options or are there others that I should be considering?

If any of you have some before and after pictures for any of these procedures I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for all your help.

i dont know what punch "elevation" or "grafts" are, but i had a surgeon (best in new york) perform a punch something on 2 icepick scars a few years ago. and i had bad results. it made 2 bigger dents in my cheek!

the procedure was supposed to punch out the icepick scars, and sew them up leaving a less noticeable slight line, where the stiches were, then C02 resurface the entire area, after the stitches were removed and healed.

well, the red marks from where the punchs were performed lasted YEARS, and the C02 did not remove SHIT. i had to live with those 2 bright red marks on my cheek for years. Also, as i mentioned, the ice picks are now dents.

ALSO, fraxel retore is a waste of money. i had 11, at the highest setting, and it did not do anything for my scarring. and it's been over a year, so that waiting period they tell u about, and how u can see improvements for up to a year afterward is crap. i have red marks, and ice picks, and some uneven levels in my skin.

i never did the fraxel repair though, so maybe that one will help.

Im wondering if anyone can explain those surgical procedures to me. The 2 doctors i've been to both told me my scars are not suitable for surgical procedures.

What scars are not suitable for surgical procedures? And i mean all surgical procedure like punch graft, subcision, excision etc. If it helps my scars are mostly shallow boxcars.

Fraxel restore wasn't exactly useless for me. I did get some improvements.

ALSO, fraxel retore is a waste of money. i had 11, at the highest setting, and it did not do anything for my scarring. and it's been over a year, so that waiting period they tell u about, and how u can see improvements for up to a year afterward is crap. i have red marks, and ice picks, and some uneven levels in my skin.

Effu, Fraxel Restore will not help much for icepick scars, it is better for rolling scars. Did you try TCA for your icepicks?

Effu, Fraxel Restore will not help much for icepick scars, it is better for rolling scars. Did you try TCA for your icepicks?