Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ameliabright

will my blackheads ever go away?

I think black heads on my nose were the first kind of acne i ever experienced--as early as 12 yrs old. Nothing I do will make them go away (right now they're really the least of my worries, since i have other acne that's way more noticable). I've used biore strips, mud masks, mint julep masks, peel-off masks, nothing seems to work. When i push my nostril up gunk just comes out, and it seems like there's a neverending amount of stuff in my pores. Does anyone have any ideas?

I would suggest a well formulated BHA product (salicylic acid).

Some options to consider: Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment, or one of Paula's Choice many options (depending on your skin type, and if you don't mind ordering online).

That was my first acne too in elementary school

I used the biore strips, the mint julep mask and they didn't work either (but the mask made my nose very soft :D ) I used a scrub made them less noticeable I was using it every other day but made my nose irritated because of the biore strips I had used so I stopped. During this time I was using Differin 0.1% but I was using it every other day because I was trying to make it last till my next derm appointment.

After using Epiduo(benzoyl peroxide and adapalene) everyday for a week the black heads got less noticeable and I gave the biore strips another chance and it took out like 30% of them so don't throw them away use them after you use acne medicine or something that makes them shrink. They also shrunk with other acne medicines with Benzoyl peroxide I have used. Also I am not sure if they are sebaceous filliments or blackheads after reading about it on this forum.