Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BenVsAcne

Massive problems with moisturiser

Well i'm over a week in now and all things considered, the results are very good- even during the purging period.

However i am getting MASSIVE discomfort when moisturising atm. I do not experience any pain until i apply the moisturiser on top of the bp, and it's very difficult to explain. It's a mixture of burning and extreme sunburn- I know this is kind of to be expected but it got to the point last night where i couldn't sleep at all, which to me seems a tad extreme. I'm sitting here hoping the pain will subside before i go to bed tonight, but i'm sick of it- i won't be using this (dan's) moisturiser again i don't think!

Anyhoo, i'm looking for alternatives. I was going to order the cetaphil moisturiser as that's a bit easier to get hold of in the UK. Can anyone on the regimen reccomend it? Especially those that had problems with dan's moisturiser?

Also, as the moisturiser wont arrive for a few days, would using just jojoba oil to moisturise be a good alternative in the mean time? It's too shiny and expensive to use in the long terms but it'll have to do for now!

Many thanks! :)

I've been on The Regimen for over a year and a half, and have been using Cetaphil moisturizer for a good part of that. I've had no problems with it at all.

I hope it works as well for you. : )

get cetaphil ultra hydralyzing lotions. won't break u out, non-greasy, very very effective. saved my life lol. i feel ya on the burning part, i even had to go to a hospital because of the pain lol.

I've been on The Regimen for over a year and a half, and have been using Cetaphil moisturizer for a good part of that. I've had no problems with it at all.

Ive had a little Google search and you can get moisturising cream and lotion. Which have you been using? Id go for the lotion as im sure ive read somewhere that creams arent good with the BP. I think I need a different moisturiser (again) as the one I use (see signature) is leaving my skin quite dry during the day. Starts off fine for about 2 hours then I get the flakiness until I apply more. Im keen to try something in the Uk that is recommended by others :)

Ive had a little Google search and you can get moisturising cream and lotion. Which have you been using? Id go for the lotion as im sure ive read somewhere that creams arent good with the BP. I think I need a different moisturiser (again) as the one I use (see signature) is leaving my skin quite dry during the day. Starts off fine for about 2 hours then I get the flakiness until I apply more. Im keen to try something in the Uk that is recommended by others :)

I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.

post-77161-1252108290_thumb.jpg

thanks for the replies! i've ordered the cetaphil :)

i doubt i'll be able to sleep as my face is still burning like hell (4 hours and counting!)

just wondering, is jobjoba on it's own fine to use though?

I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.

post-77161-1252108290_thumb.jpg

Ahhh ok. Thanks. I think I will give that a try. Having said that I literally slapped on the moisturiser today (used a ton of the stuff) and it seems to have done a better job. But to use the amount I did today every day would create a rather large hole in my wallet!

the cetaphil wont be here until tuesday and today is my last day of 'break' from the regimen (i upped to 1 pump of BP within a week of starting which my skin was not a fan of! so going back to 1/2 pump for 2 more weeks).

anyways as i'm still not totally clear (*edit* i mean in terms of clarity on the situation here, not skin wise :D)

Can i use JUST jojoba oil to moisturise when doing the regimen (ie not mix it in with another moisturiser, just use say 7-8 drops for the whole face)- or will this cause problems? I can live with a shine/greasey look as long as it wont exacerbate my acne or the redness after i apply BP

many thanks again! :0

Edited by BenVsAcne

i had the same problem it made my skin BURN like no tomorrow

i switched to cetaphil and so far so good, it also keeps your skin hydrated all day and you dont get flaky skin at all, i found that with dans moisturizer half way through the day i would need more

hope this helps

i dont see why using only jojoba oil would be a problem, every other night i use it as my nightly moisturizer before i go to bed, it makes your skin very soft and prevents it from flaking

i had the same problem it made my skin BURN like no tomorrow

i switched to cetaphil and so far so good, it also keeps your skin hydrated all day and you dont get flaky skin at all, i found that with dans moisturizer half way through the day i would need more

hope this helps

i dont see why using only jojoba oil would be a problem, every other night i use it as my nightly moisturizer before i go to bed, it makes your skin very soft and prevents it from flaking

thanks for the reply! :)

i took a couple off days off from the regimen as my skin simply couldn't handle it. I'm going to stick to 1/2 a pump for alot longer :) i can deal with the redness and dryness it's just that the burning literally debilitates me. I'm going to start the regimen again tonight (with jojoba!) until the cetaphil arrives on tuesday :)

thanks again!

Hi!

This thread is really helpful as I've had the same problem for so long! To combat the burning sensation, I put on some Aloe Vera gel before the bp, because my skin gets too irritated otherwise. Since I live in Sweden I can't get hold of any bp with 2.5 % concentration, I have to suck it up with the 5 %-version. But putting on some gel beforehand maybe dilutes it a bit? Anyway, it's not strictly Dan's regimen, but it seems to work for the moment at least.

If I try to put on some other moisturiser after the bp - yes u guessed it - my face turns bright red and really burns (also to the point that I cannot sleep). Could it be a chemical reaction between the bp and the second moisturiser? Someone should really investigate this!

Usually I avoid the second moisturiser and go without makeup (if I can bear it) on those days when makeup won't really help anyway. Because the combination unmoisturised skin and makeup is a recipe for disaster, it just won't hold for the day.

Thanks for the advice, I will try some cetaphil-like moisturiser soon! If I can find one similar that is!