Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between taking two 25mgs instead of just one 50mgs? My doctor is putting me on it and in 3 weeks wants me to do 50mgs twice a day, however w./out insurance the 50mgs of Spiro is $30. I didn't have it this time around, so he said 25 TWICE is fine too.

So is there different potents in them or is it because it's just convient to take just 1?

I think that taking two would almost be more beneficial because it would constantly remain in your system. I don't know information about spiro specifically though.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference between taking two 25mgs instead of just one 50mgs? My doctor is putting me on it and in 3 weeks wants me to do 50mgs twice a day, however w./out insurance the 50mgs of Spiro is $30. I didn't have it this time around, so he said 25 TWICE is fine too.

So is there different potents in them or is it because it's just convient to take just 1?

It'll be the same if you take two 25mg twice per day or one 50mg twice per day... as you said, it's more of a convenience to just take two pills rather than four.

I think that taking two would almost be more beneficial because it would constantly remain in your system. I don't know information about spiro specifically though.

This is true... spiro has a pretty short half life within your body (making it technically more beneficial to take it 2x per day rather than just once).

Thanks guys! I called the pharmacist as well, just to be safe. I just don't understand why 25 is so cheap and the 50 is $30, for a month! I know that's not alot, but for me it is right now!:/ LOL. Anyway, I'm going to be doing 50mgs twice a day in about 3 weeks. That will be right when I quit Yasmin. :clap: Thanks again for the responses! (HUGS)

Edited by greeneyesgirl