Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titan44

Is 30mg of accutane a day enough to sort out my mild acne?

just been prescribed 30mg a day of accutane for my mild (at most moderate) acne. is this likely to cure it? what should i expect in the coming weeks? i take my first pill today.

thanks

x

just been prescribed 30mg a day of accutane for my mild (at most moderate) acne. is this likely to cure it? what should i expect in the coming weeks? i take my first pill today.

thanks

x

I just started 20mg about 11 days ago and it's already dried me out. I didn't think I'd see the side effects until my dosage was upped but by day 7 my face started to become dry and I had a bit of a breakout. Breakout was on my forehead where I never breakout but it isn't too bad.

30mg is more than enough for mild acne. I will suggest you to lower your dose to 10mg after a month to reduce the chance of experience side effect.

thanks for the replies. ill see how 30mg a day goes n then follow my derms orders, of which he said to up my dose the 2nd month onwards based on my weight x