Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RetroJeff

Advice Please!!

Hey guys I'm new here and just basically wanted some advice on my accutane experience. Basically I've had mild acne throughout high school but senior year it started to get bad and has gotten worse ever since. I'm 19 and a sophmore in college. I eat good and work out regularly. My acne is mostly pustules and white heads along my jawline and chin. I've been on almost everything, but now I'm on accutane its been about a month on 20mgs 3 times a day. Nothing has really happened besides my face getting dry and the occasional joint pains. My acne goes away quicker but also new zits pop up everyday especially after I shave. I'm just nervous about it not working, I know its only been a month but this is like my last option. My acne is starting to lower my confidence I never used to be like this. I just want to see some results. Even if it goes away how do I know it will stay away? My derm just says stay on it, but sometimes i think she just bullshits. I'm just really worried...help please. :(

You've only been on accutane for 1 month. It may take a few more weeks or months to see GOOD results!

Trust me... it took 3 months until I saw drastic results. And I'm so far happy with it. It just takes time.

They usually give you 6 or more months to make sure you won't get anymore pimples, but everyone's different you know.

Stay strong.

I am in the process of getting on Accutane, I am a girl so I was to wait a while, unfortunately. But anyways, I have been talking with people for about over a year now trying to figure out whether or not I should do this and I have several people I know that I have talked to and gone through with the whole six months and all of them say their Derm's said if it DOESN'T get worse before it gets better, it isn't working. Also all of them said it took about 3 months to be cleared up. Patience is key with this drug, I haven't tried it YET but from everything I have read and all the REAL people I have talked to, I know that you just have to hang in there and trust it! Best of Luck!

Alright, I'm not saying I'm going to stop taking it. I just needed some ppl to say it took more than 2 weeks for it to start working. My face is dry so why won't my acne go away?

Alright, I'm not saying I'm going to stop taking it. I just needed some ppl to say it took more than 2 weeks for it to start working. My face is dry so why won't my acne go away?

There are other things that contribute to acne. Oily skin is probably one of them - but not the main reason I guess...