Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laxer04

Vitamins hurting me? or what?

I'll eat breakfeast take 1x 50mg zinc

Then at dinner i take x1 500mg niacin no-flush noist [ how ever you spell it ]

Also at dinner i take x1 b-complex

Then at desert I take x1 50mg zinc

Well i've only been doing this for 2 days almost 3 and for some reason why stomach is killing me..It's not hurting like im hungrey or full but like sore! It's the left side of my ribs and its so sensitive like when i touch / get up / lay down.,,,.

'

Do you think the pills are doing it?>

I've also been drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice for a week maybe thats doing it??

zinc overdose i think can do this to your stomach especially if you are not taking these vitamins with meals.

100mg of zinc is alot, 12mg is rda.

id say dont go over 50 mg a day, and not for more then 2-3 months if that otherwise you'll just be toxic.

also those b vitamins usually have way to many in their, youll just piss it all out and overload your kidneys in the process, make sure you take SANE amounts of vitamins of course.

the rda is a "decent" reference, except for vitamin d3 and for vitamin C, which they may have set too low according to the latest research.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Wow, I just looked that up good thing i posted this...

1x 50mg zinc in the morning after eating and that's all =]

Are there any serious effects if i would overdose and become toxic?

I've been taking zinc for over a year now, started with 80 mg for about 9 months, back to a little over 50 mg about 3 months ago. I never had a problem with it. Side effects can become serious with a dose between 150 to 450 mg daily. High doses of zinc can decrease your levels of other minerals like copper, iron and magnesium. Plus it can reduce your body's immune function and your HDL level. 40 mg daily is considered to be a safe amount. What type of zinc do you use? Is it sulfate?

As for your stomach: I would stop taking the supplements right now and wait one or two days. If things are better, start with B complex and zinc (1 x 50 mg). If you can handle that without side effects, add niacin (or niacinamide). But if you can't handle the zinc and B complex alone, go see your doctor and discuss it with him. Don't play with your health. Your stomach problems may also be caused by your diet change (at least I assume you started changing your horrific diet already ;) ).

Umm the zinc is gluconate...

Yea im taking a day off the zinc just to let my stomach rest. Yes, i've already changed my died and havent caved in yet, even though it hasnt been a week =] I'm still trying to find more desert food to eat cause i seem to be hungrey after my dinner then snack.

What's the difference between sulfate and gluconate?

Actually there's not much information about their differences. I believe they tested it on fish (salmon or tuna or something) and found no diferences between sulfate and gluconate, but I don't know if that's the same for humans. I believe I once read something about zinc sulfate having more side effects, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, that's why I asked. There is a zinc thread somewhere on these boards and if I remember correctly it said that zinc picolinate is best absorbed. But as I understand most people use gluconate. There's a member (I think it was "databased") who did a zinc regimen. Look up his log, you'll find some interesting information there. Good luck with your diet man, I hope it works out for you!