Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metaps

Different type of acne on regimen

I'm now 2 and a half weeks into the regimen. Week one I saw a big improvement and starting with week 2 until now my acne has increased. It isn't too bad, a few pimples on my forehead and 2 by my chin. I do have what seem like 2 bigger pimples on each of my cheeks. They look like more of a bruising color, not red. I've had them for a couple days and they are slowly going away but I was just wondering what type of acne this was. It is only slightly on the surface and not too noticeable, just taking a bit longer to go away

They sound like they may be papules. But it's hard to tell on the internet. :)

It is pretty common to experience a breakout around week 2. Here's the "what to expect" page. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Hang in there. As you continue to work your way up to the full amount of bp, the breakouts should become milder and resolve quicker.

Good luck!

I was expecting a breakout but was just interested in the type of acne this was. It seems like it may be a small nodule but not positive. I just got up to the full amount of BP now so we will see how it goes this week and next