Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yaqz

Saving Time

Okay so starting next week I'm going to be back in Uni, and almost 3 times a week I wake up and its like 10 minutes before my first class. So I would definetly not have the luxury of being able to wait so long for my face to dry, for the bp to dry etc. So my question is

Is it okay to apply bp/moisturizer without waiting for my face/it to dry, or is it better to just wash and moisturize when I don't have enough time?

Thanks =)

About 2 weeks ago (my 3rd week on the Regimen), I was really frustrated with my not-improving acne. One morning after washing my face, I decided to wait a full 15 minutes before applying BP (which I don't normally do) and took my time rubbing it in (way longer than I normally did), and then I waited another 15 before my moisturizer. This really helped for me, and it has been working ever since (on week 5).

I think that the more time you can take in the morning to wait for your skin to dry, and then really take some good time to rub in the BP, the better. I don't know how severe your acne is, but I wouldn't recommend skipping BP either. But, that's just for me, and I don't know how your skin would react without waiting. So my advice is to wake up early enough to give your Regimen some good attention :) Hope that helps!

Some people find that if they moisturize too quickly after applying the BP, it's more irritating and it burns. Other people report that The Regimen doesn't work as well when you don't wait in between steps (which makes sense--you want the BP to absorb into your skin, not get mixed with your moisturizer).

Your best bet would be to set your alarm in the morning so that you know you'll have time for your morning regimen. Think of it as part of your daily hygiene. In the mornings, you make time to brush your teeth and fix your hair before leaving the house, so make time to do The Regimen too! : )

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just try my best to wake up early

P.S: Sometimes I wake up so late I dont brush my teeth or fix my hair :shhh::blush:

I have something to say involving the time.

I am very grateful for the regimen is really working, but it is INCREDIBLE how long the moisturizer takes to soak in!

for school, I have to wake up at 6h30, and my bus passes at 8h50!!

my moisturizer is applied at about 7h40 and it stays white on my face for ATLEAST 1 hour!!

I mean, seriously! my face is only publically ok at 8h45. why does it take so long to soak in?

I think because the bp JUST absorbed, it might take a while. But it doesn't look that bad even though it's not completely absorbed.