Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
midnightlove

Just got differin 0.3% ..

Well..my acne is mild. I used to use benzaclin and Trentinoin cream 0.025%. It worked amazing, my skin was almost completely clear, only a few pimples. But Just recently (about a month ago,) I started breaking out BAD :mad: and it has not gone away. its on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and temples. :cry: I picked at it, and now have a few scars :( it sucks. But I went to the derm again, she said to stay on benzaclin but use differin (switch them off every other night). I will start it tonight. For my cleanser, I used to use Acne Free which was harsh if you leave it on for longer than it takes to scrub on, but I decided to try cetaphil so my skin wont dry out.

I really hope my skin wont get worse at first as I have read it does. I dont think it will though because my skin is already used to the stuff I used to use and it shouldnt be bad if I switch to differin. I HOPE it works. School starts in a week :( I hope I start seeing a little results at least, Im so hopeless. my skin is also irritated and pinkish reddish with some drying. I dont what the hell is going on lol

The derm also said if this doesnt work, she'll prescribe birth control (Yaz she said is the best) because she thinks the acne (and oily complexion,) may be caused by my irregular periods.

Has anyone ever tried benzaclin and differin? Or trentinoin ? let me know. Aso, did benzaclin and trentinoin stop working for you too?

Edited by midnightlove

Well..my acne is mild. I used to use benzaclin and Trentinoin cream 0.025%. It worked amazing, my skin was almost completely clear, only a few pimples. But Just recently (about a month ago,) I started breaking out BAD :mad: and it has not gone away. its on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and temples. :cry: I picked at it, and now have a few scars :( it sucks. But I went to the derm again, she said to stay on benzaclin but use differin (switch them off every other night). I will start it tonight. For my cleanser, I used to use Acne Free which was harsh if you leave it on for longer than it takes to scrub on, but I decided to try cetaphil so my skin wont dry out.

I really hope my skin wont get worse at first as I have read it does. I dont think it will though because my skin is already used to the stuff I used to use and it shouldnt be bad if I switch to differin. I HOPE it works. School starts in a week :( I hope I start seeing a little results at least, Im so hopeless. my skin is also irritated and pinkish reddish with some drying. I dont what the hell is going on lol

The derm also said if this doesnt work, she'll prescribe birth control (Yaz she said is the best) because she thinks the acne (and oily complexion,) may be caused by my irregular periods.

Has anyone ever tried benzaclin and differin? Or trentinoin ? let me know. Aso, did benzaclin and trentinoin stop working for you too?

i took differin 0.3 for about 8 months and the derm would never let me get off it, they love that stuff for some reason. it didnt work for me at all. now im on tazorac and doxycyclin 20 mg been on it for about 8 weeks. I just ran out of the pills and broke out horribly, about 10 new pimples and more big ones coming in. IDK what to do but hope they go away. im hoping the taz does the job but goodluck even though i think diffferin sucks personally.

OMG it actually worked :o My cheeks are better. One side where I pinched is healing and my forehead is more than 65% clear. SO ill keep using the benzaclin/differin combo. Imsohappy. :D Ive also been drinking lotsa water and thats helping too :)

I've only been using Differin 0.3% gel for about 3 weeks, but I'm liking the results so far. Granted I have mild (but very persistent) acne, but since I've been using it I've only had a few small zits and they've all gone away quickly. The side effects have been red, sensitive, very dry skin, but that's starting to lessen as my skin adjusts.

Keep in mind when using Differin and other retinoids that it can take up to 3 months to begin to see results.

I'm glad that this is working for you. I used differin last year and a few months into this year and it never really seemed to work. It would make my acne better, but it would never completely clear it. I don't know if it's because my acne is super stuborn or some other odd reason, but it never seemed to work. So now I'm on Retin-A micro and some sort of cleanser...I think it starts with a T...and it's been working fairly well

I'm glad that this is working for you. I used differin last year and a few months into this year and it never really seemed to work. It would make my acne better, but it would never completely clear it. I don't know if it's because my acne is super stuborn or some other odd reason, but it never seemed to work. So now I'm on Retin-A micro and some sort of cleanser...I think it starts with a T...and it's been working fairly well

Really? what kind of skin do you have? Im not at the point where I can tell if differin will completely clear my skin up so I have no idea if its just going to make it better or make it clear.

Im happy the other formulas worked for you :)

me and you sound like we have the same type skin. How clear would you say your skin has gotten?

Well, since I've only been using it for 3 weeks it's still a bit early to say, although as I mentioned, I'm having good results so far. Except for one or two zits things have been looking good. I still had my usual PMS breakout, but it was less severe and healed much more quickly than it has in the past. I'm eager to see how things progress over the next couple months.

me and you sound like we have the same type skin. How clear would you say your skin has gotten?

Well, since I've only been using it for 3 weeks it's still a bit early to say, although as I mentioned, I'm having good results so far. Except for one or two zits things have been looking good. I still had my usual PMS breakout, but it was less severe and healed much more quickly than it has in the past. I'm eager to see how things progress over the next couple months.

that sounds awesome, I cant wait until I reach the stage of only one or two zits! It sucks right now cause it is healing :/ and the breakout ive had for the LONGEST time is stilllll here.

But yes! Tell me how the product works later on :)