Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my English textbook has a chapter in which a teenage girl gets her first spot or a pimple.its called "a bit of a spot."then the story goes on that how her brother makes fun of her and her mother consoles her explaining how eating veggies can keep pimples at bay. in the end her skin goes clear but the next day she again has a spot on her nose.this is one of the most fucking chapter and our teacher is going to teach it very soon.i am embarrassed and i don't know how to react because my skin has not one but many spots and it is not because of my diet but rosacea problems.i know i would be getting a lot of advice thrown at me after this.my classmates are too dumb to understand my problem and again i would have to respond to that all bad stuff.has anyone got any ideas to help me out.

Edited by spoinky

That sucks. I'm glad there's nothing in my text books like that, and if anyone tries to give you advice or something just be like. "It's not my fault I have rosacea" or something. Just keep in mind that you're doing everything you can to help yourself and you don't need to listen to idiots who give you bullshit advice. :)

Best of luck to you

Edited by gda_11

Well if it was me I'd just keep quiet the whole lesson, try and avoid most people just for a day, then by the next day they wouldve forgotten. Or you could simply skip that lesson if your so worried about it.

If I were you, I'd treat it like any other lesson. Just pretend its not something that makes you uncomfortable or embarrassed.

If that doesn't work, and you start getting unsolicited advice, use it as an opportunity to tell people to come to Acne.org and educate themselves about acne, acne treatments, and rosacea! I'm sure you're not the only one in the class that's struggling with skin issues. ; )

What the fuck school is this? If anyone says anything, especially a teacher, get them fired.

Is this from a textbook or what? This is dumb :S