Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordisbarn

Red Cheeks 1 month into the treatment

Hey guys,

I've been on the acne.org treatment following it everyday after I shower and sometimes twice if I work out.

Ever since I started the treatment, acne has decreased a lot but not totally gone, but I'm getting red cheeks, rosy cheeks

Just wondering if this was normal or if there was a way to stop looking flushed.

Thanks in advance :confused:

Hey guys,

I've been on the acne.org treatment following it everyday after I shower and sometimes twice if I work out.

Ever since I started the treatment, acne has decreased a lot but not totally gone, but I'm getting red cheeks, rosy cheeks

Just wondering if this was normal or if there was a way to stop looking flushed.

Thanks in advance :confused:

Exactly how long have you been on the regimen? Are you using a moisturizer?

After being on the Regimen for 5 weeks now, I still look sunburnt on some days (when I use too much BP). I would also appreciate any advice on how to prevent this.

I also have pretty flaky skin right now, even with Jojoba oil in my moisturizer. I don't know why I'm still flaky...will it just take time? Or is there something else I can be doing?

@ wordisbarn

Redness is an issue all of us face when starting the regimen, if your on the full amount then it should take a few more weeks for the redness to decrease.

Some say the redness takes as long as 2-3 months to lighten up.

What you can do at the moment is be gentle with your skin when applying products.

Drink lots of water and avoid too much heat.

@Eternallyhis

Since it's been 5 weeks you should be on the full dosage which means your skin starte to adjust to the new bp amount. Since you already moisturize with jojoba added, try not to think about addition anymore than 10 drops of jojoba. Once your done moisturizing, wait about an hour or so and blo your face gently then moisturize again.

When I say double moisturizing, it only means at night. Yu can soot in he morning to, but only of your not going outside. The second time you re-moisturize use only about 8 drops of jojoba.

Doing this should gt rid of the flakes soon.

BE Gentle when you blot! You don't really need to blot but it will weigh down the face and look all slimy if you don't.

I recommend taking some zinc and omega 3 pills (or eat a diet high in them), I dont know if there teh reason for sure, but my redness disappeared and my skin began to look healthier after i started taking them.

I stopped using as much BP and the redness and flakiness were reduced. I also started using Complex 15 instead of Cetaphil. I noticed that certain moisturizers caused my skin to look burnt after using BP, but Complex 15 does not.

I've been on the regimen for two months and am clear, despite these changes.

Try switching your moisturizer or lessening your BP amount. I found a lesser amount to be equally as effective without so many side affects.

Thanks for the responses guys,

also,

my face gets itchy when I wake up in the morning, I'm pretty sure its due to the regimen but it could be my bedsheets....

is this normal. Its itchy around my jaw areas how do is prevent scratching?

Couple things I've found:

1) Don't wash your face too much- iirc, the site suggests dabbing your face with water/towel instead of full wash.

2) Use Sunscreen (if your face is still red/raw).

3) Make sure your hair isn't wet before you go to sleep, and lead to having a moist pillow case.

4) Repeat- gentle hands.

good luck :)

Just thought id throw out my personal experiences. Im about a week or 2 into the regimen and ive learned so far that the worse the irritation/dryness the worse the redness/burning, but dans moisturizer has burned me almost everytime, its out of my regimen and im now using Aveeno products which are 1000x better. Also jojoba oil definatly helped with redness/flakiness in dans moisturizer when i used it.

Another thing, read up on the Jojoba oil flake treatment thing. Basically you take a handful of jojoba oil and lather it all over your face before you take a shower/do the regimen at night, get it all over your face and rub it in and around for a few mins, then let it sit for a few seconds then wash it off then wash ur face/apply bp etc. I have been doing this, i was skeptic at first becuz lots of oil on ur face? WHAT? But my face hasnt broke out and it helps SOO much with dryness/flakiness. My face feels so much better most of the time i dont feel the need to use any moisturizer.