Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theGreyhound

Dulled skin, less "healthy glow"

Hi,

Two questions...

1) Does/did anyone else notice that, regardless of if they were naturally tanned or pale, Accutane has zapped the healthy, natural "glow" from their face?

2) Will this colour come back to my face when I am done Accutane? (Most likely?) I am more than half way through a 6-month course.

I could always grab a tinted moisturizer but I'm a guy and I don't want to have to be wearing anything even close to a foundation when I'm done Accutane, just to look healthy a vibrant. I am hoping the colour to my face will come back after Accutane.

Thanks! I can post photos of myself as an example if needed.

-Andrew

I think you are seeing 'dull' skin because of the lack of moisture. You probably won't get any type of "glow" back until you are off accutane and you skin is producing oil again (and hopefully only a small amount of oil!). Are you moisturizing regularly and drinking lots of water? Make sure you are doing what you can to keep your skin hydrated. Good luck!

I am drinking plenty of water and moisturizing quite a bit.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason Accutane temporarily dulls your skin is because it's constantly regenerating during your course, so your skin is thinner as well as a different texture than normally. And paler.