Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghillietoes

Help...Need a gluten rich diet quick!

Hey everyone,

I went to the doc and he ordered a celiac panel for me, and for the next 2 weeks I'm supposed to be eating foods rich in gluten. Part of the test is to see how I feel eating lots of gluten, and then how I feel on a gluten free diet, so general diet tips would be great too. I'm finding the internet hard to navigate and not getting any clear anwers, so I figured I could ask the folks over at acne.org. :cool: I've been a lurker for years and am finally trying to get the root of my problems (of which acne is only the tip of the iceburg) holistically.

Thanks in advance for any help. :dance:

Guest veganwithacne

Highest forms of gluten in wheat, barley, and rye. So eat lots of breads, pastas, etc.

I do have celiac but was never told to eat a bunch of gluten and then avoid it. I went in for testing, saliva, blood and then biopsy.

It doesn't make any sense to me for him to tell you to go eat a bunch of gluten for two weeks and then see how you feel instead of just putting you on a no gluten diet for a few weeks and see if your symptoms improve. I would go off gluten for several weeks and see what that does for me and then if you want to introduce gluten back into your diet after that point to see if your condition comes back you can but personally I would not binge out on gluten for two weeks to start off if I felt that gluten might be causing me problems.

Edited by Stephen01

isnt the test 2 weeks of eating gluten then they give you a blood test because all the guten is in your system then the test should be more accurate

i think thats what the elisa test is like, if you avoid the foods on the test it wont be accurate

Edited by stevez

Guest veganwithacne

I was told just to ate normally. I was never told what to eat or not eat prior to my testing. However, I was never told what they were looking for. I did not even know what gluten was before I was diagnosed, well before my biopsy. lol

That was over 4 years ago so, celiac was not mentioned all over the place like it is now

They are actually looking for antibodies.

Gluten actually take 4-6 months to completely leave your body. Crazy to think about.

Edited by veganwithacne