Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

looking for a good cleanser

I have been using Panoxyl 10 percent BP face wash for a while, but i think it might be giving me acne. What's a good cleanser that you guys have been using?

Guest veganwithacne

I would suggest using something that is NOT medicated and is gentle.

I personally will only use soap, so no-sulfates or other detergents. Though some people tend do well with cleansers (detergents) but not me.

I am currently using Dr. Woods Pure Black Soap. It is a liquid African Black Soap.

I have used Dr. Bronner's Mild Baby soap in the past. I still use it for a body soap, but I have been using the black soap on my face since it is supposed to exfoliate more. It does make my skin really soft but I will probably go back to the using Dr. Bronner's when I finish the bottle because the black soap doesn't seem to do anything miraculous, but yet doesn't do anything harmful.

Basis is one of the most recommended facial bar soaps and it's very gentle for sensitive or dry skin.

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21189

And for those that haven't tried sulfur soap I would definitely give Sal-3 a try which is a combination of 3% Salicylic Acid and 10% Sulfur.

http://sal3.com/

Edited by Stephen01

I have been using Panoxyl 10 percent BP face wash for a while, but i think it might be giving me acne. What's a good cleanser that you guys have been using?

How severe is your acne? If it's falls somewhere before the moderate range, I strongly suggest trying the Deitanseki facial bar. I just washed my face with it and it feels so-o-o-o good. If not, try out some other sort of natural soap. You can find a wealth of different natural soaps along with reviews at Amazon.com. I went through the same problem with benzoyl peroxide products, especially Proactiv. They're loaded with BP. Personally, I like being in the sun as much as possible, and the BP didn't help my case at all. Gooping on some sunscreen just after three other chemically enhanced products was just not happening. Just the thought of it sounds like wreaking havoc on one's skin. So, I was forced to constantly wear a hat outdoors and keep my face from being exposed to the wonderful Vitamin D enriching rays. Don't take my word for it, but since I've gone the natural route, my face looks significantly better. And, it hasn't been long, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I could simply be having a clear lapse. All I know is that the clear lapses I've had before while on the Proactiv 3 step would last a day if I was lucky. I'd get so frustrated. I'm very happy to have made the move. By the way, I'm a 26 year old male, so I'm definitely not going through the hormonal thing. I've battled acne for 10+ years and never felt better. Plus, it helps to have a website dedicated to fighting acne. It feels so good to vent!

I am using two great soaps. I use them on my face intermittently. Dr. Joesoef's 10% sulfur soap and genuine African black soap. I get the black soap from agbangakarite. Both of these products have helped keep my face the clearest it has been in over 30 years. I also use the sulfur soap on my back for bacne and that's cleared also. The African black soap I also use for hair shampoo.

I highly recommend both of these products.

I went to a dermatologist in Japan and he told me that none of the acne products can help heal acne. He told me quit all bad habits (soda pop, cigarettes...etc.) and just use a bar soap. Ive been using dial soap and its prob the best skin care product Ive used since I started getting acne.