Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tealroadwarrior

Cystic Acne - New BC, Duac, and Tazorac

After a long while of trying to deal with cystic acne myself (changing my diet, trying everything under the sun otc, facials, stopped using foundation, concealers, etc.), I finally went to the Dermatologist. It took forever to get in; I finally did on Monday. She prescribed me the following:

New BC - Yaz

Duac - In AM

Tazorac - In PM

She also did a series of Kenalog Intralesion shots. I go back at the end of the month for more.

My question is, I'm not sure if I can still use a moisturizer. If so, do you apply after you use the topical creams or before? This question may seem trivial, but I totally forgot to ask the dermatologist before I left. Also, has anyone else been prescribed a similar regimen of the above? Also, do the Kenalog shots really work? They seem to have gone down a little, just not sure if they will go down more until the next time.

Thank you for your help! I can't wait for this to go away and to be happy with myself again.