Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi everyone,

my mum had severe acne in her youth and that was passed onto me :C i first developed acne when i was around 10 or 11 and was first given lotions etc from the doctor but none worked.so i waited until i was 12 and then started tablets,i think they used all of them.then eventually my doctor realised nothing he could give me would work so he sent me to a dermatologist who put me on about a 3-4month course of roaccutane.my side effects where redness in the face,dry skin all over,itchy dry eyes,bone aches,joint pain made worse hy the cold weather and i still get this (about a year after finishing the first course).she said as i was so young,14, that i may need to go on a second course in a years time.well its been probably a bit more than a year and recently i have noticed that my blackheads have enlarged,my spots appear deeper,bigger and there are more of them and have one now on my back,my skin feels damp with oil when i wake up and my sweat glands seem to be producing more.however it isn't as bad as it was before but i feel it may be getting that way so was wondering if i should just call into my regular doctor and ask him to give me the tablets as that is what the dermatologist said i would probably need to do or would he try giving me all the other pills all over again?or should i phone the hospital and try and get an appointment with the dermatoligist?would she give me a second course as she said she would before it gets as bad as it was or would she make me wait until its awful again?would it be a shorter course this time do you think?or just a lower dose?or the same?

please answer this x

I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but I would definitely call your regular doctor first. If that doesn't work, you could always see a dermatologist again.