Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

About a year and a half ago, after I broke up with my last boyfriend, I decided I had too much acne to date– my self confidence was at an all time low and I hardly left the house.

I kept telling myself that as soon as my acne cleared up, I would start dating and going out again, but inside I knew that I was just fooling myself because my face was not going to completely clear up that soon.

So this weekend, I am going on a date. It's about time that I started going out again and facing things. I'm already feeling really insecure and nervous, as I know he has perfect skin. Here's to hoping he can look past the acne, and that it doesn't bother him as much. I'll do my best to be confident.

Please wish me luck.

(Although it's probably just my luck that I'll get a huge zit on my nose right before the date.)

Good luck. But surely you wouldn't want to date someone who's all shallow and thinks look is everything and thinks nothing of other's personality? Assuming he is that kind of person which I hope he isn't :D

good luck than! its a big step in recovering you confidence.

try to forget your acne as much as possible, if only for the couple of hours the date lasts.

and make sure you smile, nothing as attractive as a self confident, happy looking girl.

Thanks a bunch guys :)

I think it went better than I expected. There were a few times when I was paranoid about him looking at my face, but I did keep my confidence up.