Notifications
Clear all

SINGAPORE SUPPLIES

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/02/2009 5:26 am

i saw the youtube video on neutrogena on-the-spot treatment and dan used HEAPS of it, im afraid one tube wont be able to last me so long! gosh, i had no idea we had to use THAT much..

and one small tube is alrd 13$ from watsons ):

i wanted to order online for the products but its really really expensive for the shipping..

anyone found another cheaper alternative?

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/08/2009 7:23 am

Hello! surprisingly found someone from the same country and about the same age! Well you can try Panoxyl 2.5 its a larger tube and cheaper, but according to Dan, neutrogena or acnes.org is preferred. I myself tried panoxy, i don't like it, it has a very industrial scent to it, and it feels way dryer too. You can try it out but I'd rather use neutrogena.

Btw i can't find a good moisturiser that isn't too expensive either, can i know what do you use? :)

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/09/2009 9:59 am

thank goodness for you too (:

i found a really good alternative with many people saying it works as good as Neutrogena, its called BENZAC 2.5% and it's benzoyl peroxide 2.5% and i rang guardian and its availiable (:

watsons may no have it, they are more commercial products than medicinal hee :)

im using neutrogena's moisturizer, quite pricey at 18.50 but it has spf15.. looking to try OLAY as well, because going to and fro school i have to walk, and singapore is just plain hot!

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/09/2009 11:22 am

Oh wow thanks! You posted up this topic seeking for help, instead I'm the one getting help. I'll checkout the products. Yep, totally agree, especially since its summer all year round!

thanks again!

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/11/2009 7:20 am

no worries! ;) glad i could help hee.

just did some research, wonder where all singaporeans are on this forum hahha.

I think im developing an obsession with this site! i have to check reviews before i buy a new skin product now!

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/11/2009 9:36 am

Same here :) i think the Singaporeans stop checking back here once they got the regimen on the track, and the rest of them probably move on to another product after finding this not working well for them. So how's the regimen going for you?

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/12/2009 11:10 am

Yeah lo :( hahaha

Its going really well, thank goodness. It's one week and 4 days now, can see the improvement, not so bad already :)

went to polyclinic to see doc, she gave antibiotics too.. going to the derm this tuesday

fingers crossed the derm does facials

MemberMember
(@pchic)

Posted : 09/12/2009 2:08 pm

I use Benzac 2.5 too and it's good for drying out zits, more powerful than Tea tree oil, but I find that it make take a longer time and the payoff isn't so good as it's drying but it doesnt' really dry up the pimple/cyst so that it shrinks, if you get what I mean.

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/13/2009 5:47 am

So glad to find another fellow singaporean :)

yeah i went to guardian today to check out the price, its really worth it considering he size compared to neutrogena on the spot treatment..

and is it a gel or a cream?

going to the derm this tuesday, wonder how it will be

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/13/2009 9:05 am

I just finished my Neutrogena on-the-spot and bought Benzac. Its wayyyy less drying, even though it doesn't dry up the pimples, it prevents future breakouts same as any BP. Its a water-based gel :) I'd continue buying this. If the regimen is working well, why're you still going to a derm and doctor? Patience my friend :D

MemberMember
(@pchic)

Posted : 09/13/2009 12:07 pm

what clinic did you go to? I heard maple clinic is really good, and it's evident from the queue..people wait for 5 hours just to see the doctor! I haven't been there before but my friend introduced the products to me and my skin has been much clearer than before! I still get pimples especially nearer to my period but it's under control now. I don't have acne but I have pimples and all the blemishes that comes with oily skin.

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/13/2009 1:02 pm

I used to go to NSC, but never worked out well for me. They gave me retina-a, panoxl, and mild medication. they pulled the pills after 4 months and it just went back to as usual. Panoxl didn't give much of an effect cause they told me to apply in the morning and wash off after 10minutes. Retina-a was given to me and told for it to apply when i'm not in contact with the sun, it was after my own experience i realized retina-a works only in sleep when your tissues are repairing.

This regimen is working out really well for me though, i don't have to dab my face with a tissue every two hours cause its really oily, amazing how BP does so many things.

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/15/2009 7:15 am

oh got a referral from polyclinic to goto national skin center :)

just to get some professional advise, and im currently on antibiotics so i needa take the course from the doc too! ahaha.

yeah i was given panoxyl 5% (BP5%) and stieva-a which is a tretinoin cream (apply before bed)

and panoxyl is a nasty smelling (smells like chemicals) and white cream :s

and when the doctor prescribes you creams, its seriously cheaper than buying from watsons/guardian :)

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/15/2009 8:16 am

Looks like they prescribe us with the same stuff, its a green pill right? Yep the night cream is only $1+, but it didn't work out for me cause i have insomnia and used to a few hours of sleep a day, so the cream became useless to me.

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/16/2009 4:13 am

oh its doxyxycline, green and blue capsule..

and gosh, i love to sleep (lazy person) hahaha.

but the panoxy, smells horrible

how long have you been on the regimen btw?

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/16/2009 11:51 am

oh then the cream should do well for you, but it makes my skin really oily overtime. If your asking about skin center's regimen, nearly a year. For Dan's regimen, nearing a month, nothing done better for me. Yup, panoxyl smells terrible, like the stuff you would smell in an industrial factory stuffed into one tube, not to mention the texture. But all our skins react differently to different products, so have you decided which regimen to follow?

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/18/2009 1:14 am

yeah, right now im still on dan's regimen, using the derm's products.

im using retin-a as well, but on alternate nights, and that has to go on before bed so i'll do the regimen at about 8-9pm and let it 'set in' for awhile before trying the NSC cream

panoxyl smells like the hospital, period! hahaha

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/18/2009 11:19 am

cool :) i was never good enough to figure stuff out like that btw do you have a messenger? it seems much easier to catch up with you that way

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/19/2009 11:02 am

hey i dont use messenger, my computer is too laggy for that :( but i can email you, pm me your email and i'll drop an email :)

i think since ive discovered this site, my acne has seriously gotten better :)

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/19/2009 12:15 pm

Done! Same here, i wouldn't say i'm clear though. My acne is under control but i still have scarring to take care of :)

MemberMember
(@fromdahoodnbck)

Posted : 09/19/2009 6:12 pm

good luck chap

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/20/2009 9:57 am

Yeah, dont seem to find any jojoba/ AHA products in singapore. I saw AHA as a listed ingredient the other day while walking around watsons/guardian and guess what cream it was?

behold, FOOT CREAM!

hahaha, and ever since ive started the regimen ive been developing a weird interest in spending alot of time in guardian/watsons trying to decipher the ingredients on the bottle :s

MemberMember
(@qwertyuiopasd)

Posted : 09/20/2009 11:45 am

I found jojoba oil but its lip balm. i think they do sell jojoba oil in the face shop or body shop but it should be like over 50 bucks for a small bottle. If i see any i'll tell you :)

MemberMember
(@vaguedrevival)

Posted : 09/22/2009 4:23 am

oh body shop! my sis works there, so i get 50% off everything hahahhaa.

MemberMember
(@ronhatesacne)

Posted : 09/22/2009 4:30 am

Any S'poreans on Accutane? Where can I get cheap one? I got it from my GP damn exp man...sighs..