Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Supreme

Acne + Redness. Help please.

First off here are some pics.

Sorry for the glossy/flash pictures.

post-111661-1251871239_thumb.jpgpost-111661-1251871276_thumb.jpgpost-111661-1251871280_thumb.jpg

Well Ive posted in the Redness thread but they said to come over.

Here I am. I am currently suffering some acne + redness on my cheeks.

Ive pictured where my acne is more dominate on my face. Both cheeks, more of the right. The redder dots on the right cheek are scars (besides the bigger one). Any help with scars? Besides time that is. About the acne, Ive been using Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with 10% BP to wash my face every night. Before Ive been using this, Ive been experiencing redness. So I dont really think its the BP. It may be or not be. Ive tried Aspirin + Honey Mask to lighten the redness, but it didnt seem to work. As you can see, the redness is more dominate on the cheek, or mainly on there. Also I have sensitive - normal skin. I intake a daily vitamin and 50mg of Zinc everyday.

Question is, whats best for my acne and redness right now. Any suggestions? Id greatly appreciate, thanks XD.

post-111661-1251871239_thumb.jpg

post-111661-1251871276_thumb.jpg

post-111661-1251871280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Supreme

i'm pretty sure, its the 10% bp thats keeping it red. You should switch over to a bp gel or cream and then moisturize moisturize moisturize, to get rid of the redness...

yeah, TEN PERCENT bp is probably what's keeping it red. That will go Genghis Khan on your skin if you have sensitive skin.

Any suggestions on a different regimen?

Have you considered Dan's?

Other than that, all I would say to do is just get at most 5% strength BP, as well as cleanser and moisturizer. Just be careful about how much you put on and BE GENTLE.

My skin gets red from BP. Try skin peeling at a skin clinic. Its the best for redness. Also try using lemon and goat milk soap. Check my blog about it. hope it helps.

The product I am using right now is a cleanser,

As for moisturizer I have Cetalphils moisturizer with 15SPF.

Well I stopped using my usual stuff for 2 days and proceeded with lemon juice. I just wash my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and apply lemon juice on my face via cotton ball. I dont see much progress. The face is just as red, acne is actually slowly getting worst. And its kinda drying my face. Not sure if I should continue on this, and hop back on my 10%BP.

I have similar acne and seems like you have more hyperpigmentation from your previous zits than active zits. As for the redness, I think that 10% BP is actually causing this making your skin irritated. I would suggest going to the dermatologist now to get consultations than wasting time and money for other OTC products.