Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saamanthagrl

If you care to know and to help

Hello my name is Samantha, I am a 15 year old girl who lives on the coast and is exposed to humidity, saltwater, and dry heat. I would consider myself to have mild acne, I love skincare and wish to have a perfect face ,however, it seems as if I am unfourtante.

I stumbled upon this site, became interested and order the BP. I started the regimen on Aug 26, 09 the day it came in the mail. Before using it, I used 10% clean and clear and sometimes my prescribed ethromycin benzyol peroxide, along with biore products. It seemed to work fairly well, however I get underground pimples under my nose, on my chin, on my forehead, and between my eyebrows. Most of my small inflamed whiteheads are on my forehead, I have many bumps that arent irritated, along with that I have one fine line/wrinkle from raising my eyebrows.

I have been using the regimen with purpose soap, bp, olay moistuizer in the day

and aveeno moisturizing soap/st ives blemish cleanser at night with bp and dramitcally different gel.

I have followed it prescilly until this Monday I went to school with really dry flaky skin under nose and on chin. I dont have jojoba oil, dont want to buy it, money issues ect. I tryed mixing vitamin e oil with both moisturizers didnt work. So I stopped using bp on chin and just on forehead, for the past 2 days I have been dabbing olive oil on my dry skin for school and it works for half the day, I didnt think I would get dry skin since I have been using different brands of bp for a year.

Will results change if I used 3 different cleansers?

Give me some feedback and input, or ask questions. Thanks

I've moved this to the Acne.org Regimen board.

For The Regimen, you'll need to use a gentle, non-medicated cleanser (if your cleanser says it's specifically for acne or blemishes, it's probably medicated), BP, and a good moisturizer. That's it.

Is there any particular reason that you're using different cleansers and moisturizers throughout the day? Generally, the simpler a regimen, the easier (and less irritating) it is on your skin.

It's normal to experience dryness and flaking early on in The Regimen. It's just something that happen while your skin adjusts to the BP. The fact that you're using a medicated cleanser at night could be a factor in your dry skin as well.

How much BP did you start with?

I started with a nickel size amount, then a large quater size, and in 2 days I am going to do the full dosage.

The reason I use different ones is because I have tons of products that I used before I knew about acne.org

and purpose is super drying so I only use it once a day,

btw the dry and flakiness went away, I used olive oil !

ok... one thing, trust me on this, don't move to the full dosage in 2 days. I have been using 2.5, 3.5, 5, and 10% bp for many, many years. aha lotion, retin a, consistently. And trust me, for the first week or so, I used full dosage and it didnt feel like anything. On the second week, my skin was burning like NO OTHER. I put up a thread on what NOT to do, and I actually blacked out because of the pain. I STRONGLY advise you not to move up to the full dosage. Give it a week of half a pump, another week of a full pump, the nex week 1.5 pumps, and 4th week full dosage. at the MINIMUM. please listen lol. I can't imagine anyone else goiing thru burning pain. And i used a LOT of moisturizer btw, still no help lol.

don't use olive oil btw, lol... that will break you out

ok... one thing, trust me on this, don't move to the full dosage in 2 days. I have been using 2.5, 3.5, 5, and 10% bp for many, many years. aha lotion, retin a, consistently. And trust me, for the first week or so, I used full dosage and it didnt feel like anything. On the second week, my skin was burning like NO OTHER. I put up a thread on what NOT to do, and I actually blacked out because of the pain. I STRONGLY advise you not to move up to the full dosage. Give it a week of half a pump, another week of a full pump, the nex week 1.5 pumps, and 4th week full dosage. at the MINIMUM. please listen lol. I can't imagine anyone else goiing thru burning pain. And i used a LOT of moisturizer btw, still no help lol.

don't use olive oil btw, lol... that will break you out

Olive oil doesn't break everyone out. It has a comedogenicity level of two, which means it has the potential to clog pores, but there are lots of people on this site--myself included--that use it topically with no problems. ; )

oh ok.

just personal experience with it, there was a time when i was cooking and the olive oil splattered on my right cheek. Washed it off, next day... so many tiny whiteheads formed