Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david1017

What NOT to do when skin becomes really itchy, red, etc.

I am a believer of this regimen, on my 3.5 week now. Last week, I moved up to a full pump for my face (moderate acne). The next day, the area was red, and sorta itchy, but bearable. Slowly, became really itchy but I was gonna hang in there and have my skin accustomed to it. 1.5 days ago, it got so itchy and irritating that I didn't a single hour of sleep. It was impossible. I put a pump of moisturizer every 2 hours, seeing if that would help, but the itchiness, and eventually pain. Today, didn't get any sleep either, and in the morning, I blacked out because of the excessive pain/irritation. Just came back from the hospital. So there you have it, if you get really red and skin is itchy, stop the regimen, only do cleanser + moisturizer for a day, or however long it takes, and then start over small. good luck!

I am a believer of this regimen, on my 3.5 week now. Last week, I moved up to a full pump for my face (moderate acne). The next day, the area was red, and sorta itchy, but bearable. Slowly, became really itchy but I was gonna hang in there and have my skin accustomed to it. 1.5 days ago, it got so itchy and irritating that I didn't a single hour of sleep. It was impossible. I put a pump of moisturizer every 2 hours, seeing if that would help, but the itchiness, and eventually pain. Today, didn't get any sleep either, and in the morning, I blacked out because of the excessive pain/irritation. Just came back from the hospital. So there you have it, if you get really red and skin is itchy, stop the regimen, only do cleanser + moisturizer for a day, or however long it takes, and then start over small. good luck!

i'm only at the end of my 1st week but would definately agree :)

my skin couldn't hack it (although i was only using half a pump) and got to the point where i was awake for almost 2 days due to the lack of sleep- thanks to the severe itching and stinging!

i realised i had to actually go out and get some food (shock horror!) which forced me to just cleanse and moisturise for a day, so my skin wasn't as red and flakey.

3 days on from that and back to using BP and my skin can tolerate it alot better, have slept will for 3 nights! :D

It really forces you to only cleanse and moisturizing huh? haha, I thought I could handle any pain in the world as long as it got rid of my acne... but wow. I feel you on that. Doctor prescribed me vicadin haha :D

It really forces you to only cleanse and moisturizing huh? haha, I thought I could handle any pain in the world as long as it got rid of my acne... but wow. I feel you on that. Doctor prescribed me vicadin haha :D

damn really!? hard to tell if someone's being sarcastic or not over the internet but if that's true that's extreme(!)

it's much better for me now- i got some jojoba oil to mix in with my acne.ord moisturiser and- although it does still burn a tad (and still red!) it does more or less fade- although this is taking 3 hours + at the moment :(

haha, yea, nothing to be scared bout. Just... if it hurts REAL bad... then stop. I read something about stopping when it starts burning to the point where it hurts all the time, but even AFTER that day, kept going for 2 more days. Hence, the pain... + stress from other things such as work, friends, then it's a true KO.

Thankfully, Cetaphil ultra hydrating lotion saved my life. (along with 5 pills of vicadin)

Ultra hydrating lotion?

I was one under the Cetaphil brandat wallgreens but it didn't say non comedogenic.

Is yours non-comedogenic?

ok. so it's been 2 days of healing from the cetaphil and tonight was my first night with the bp. (only put small pea amount). slight burning on chin, but rest is ok!

Wow that's pretty intense. When my skin gets itchy I usually just put a punch of aloe vera on. But then again, I've never had an experience anywhere near as bad as yours so maybe that won't be enough in your case haha.

haha yea, i put on like glumps and glumps of dan's moiturizer trying to get it to ease out, but the pain didnt stop, until i completely blacked out for 10 minutes lol...