Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RatsOff

5th week on regimen

so i hit the 5th week milestone yesterday on the regimen and my skin was looking better and i was feeling good about how everything was going.

Today i woke up and there are about 6 inflamed white heads on my face and my skin is really dried out, looking blotchy, and bad.

my question is would it be ok to start introducing the AHA to my regimen? I was thinking maybe i should wait another few weeks considering my skin is looking the worst it's been in some time.

If you want to add the AHA in, you can. Some people do purge a bit when they add it in, but not everybody does. You could use the AHA as a spot treatment, though.

sighhhh, so my skin is looking even WORSE today. =( this is very disheartening, Im getting pimples where i never got them before, cysts where i never got them before, and they are taking forever to go away. They seem to be getting worse instead of healing quicker like the "what to expect" page says and i had mild acne when i started this.

Sorry to vent and bitch, but im feeling really down and out and i have a big event on Saturday which i was excited about but now i am absolutely dreading it.

Oh and i decided to wait with the AHA because i don't want to irritate my skin more. Plus if i do purge with the AHA my skin would be hideous.